This locally owned thriving Cheektowaga business is looking for a highly organized and energetic person to join the team as a Warehouse Associate. We are looking for a career-minded fast learner, who thinks it's fun to work in a friendly, fast-paced small business and takes pride in their work. We need someone that is not afraid to handle multiple tasks and interact directly with customers. We need a proactive, positive problem-solver to make our team even better and more productive.
You will be working under the supervision of the Manager and performing a variety of warehouse related tasks. This will include the loading and unloading of vehicles, handling of materials within the warehouse, and to/from the loading area, verifying materials shipped, and maintaining warehouse and showroom cleanliness.
Other responsibilities for the position will include:
- Checking deliveries to make sure they are in good shape and as noted on the manifest
- Recording deliveries and maintaining inventory with the computer system
- Pulling merchandise from warehouse or showroom floor and preparing for delivery
- Operating forklift to move merchandise
- Working with the Manager to ensure all policies and guidelines are being followed
- Observing all safety and security procedures
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager
Our ideal candidate for the Warehouse Associate position will have experience working in a warehouse environment and possess a working knowledge of warehouse procedures. In addition, we are looking for our Warehouse Associate to have a high school diploma or equivalent as well as at least 1 year of warehouse and/or forklift experience. The equivalent combination of education and experience is also acceptable.
Other preferred requirements for the Warehouse Service Coordinator include:
- Knowledge of computerized inventory control systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to understand and communicate numerical data
- Ability to calculate simple figures and amounts
- Ability to push, pull and lift materials up to 70 lbs
- Proven strength following through on commitments
We offer a starting hourly wage of $13-15 with an opportunity for later promotion of managing our Pro-Shop sundries supply business. We also offer a retirement plan, assistance with healthcare, and paid vacation time.