Global Markets is Company' capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks. It encompasses 5 global business lines; G10 Rates, Equity Derivatives, Foreign Exchange, Local Markets & Commodities, Primary & Credit Markets & Prime Solutions and Financing.
Global Markets is made up of over 3,700 staff globally based in EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific, with the main trading floors located in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo. GM Americas has approximately 700 staff.
Global Markets Americas Operational Risks & Permanent Control ("GMA OPC") is part of the Global Markets Americas Chief Conduct and Controls Office. The GMA OPC framework is a key component in the assessment and management of non-financial risks and implementation of the controls framework. The team main objective is to ensure Global Markets activities grow in a sustainable way. Part of the team focuses on approval committees including New Activities Committee, Transaction Approval Committee, Automatic Trading, Quantitative Strategies, and Index Contributions. The team collaborates with Trading, Sales, Structuring, and Risks Management teams (2LOD) to help keep non-financial risks to an acceptable level.
- Coordinate Global Markets Americas approval processes across all asset classes
- Perform qualitative review of internal memos prepared by business sponsors and risk management teams.
- Assess operational & conduct risks, and provide signoff for new activities, exceptional transactions, automated trading strategies, and quantitative strategies.
- Support Senior Management, Global Markets stakeholders, and Risks Management teams in the identification and remediation of non-financial risks.
- Provide advisory on adequate control framework during regulatory and internal reviews
- Perform gap analysis and facilitate remediation of operational risks incidents.
- Ensure compliance with local rules, regulations, and the bank's internal methodologies, tools and standards.
- Execute controls in identified or potential material risk areas through specific control assignments.
- Monitor and follow-up key points raised during internal and regulatory reviews
Minimum Required Qualifications
- 5 to 10 years of relevant Capital Markets work experience either in a Front Office position, Operational Risks Management, Consulting, Operations. Compliance and Audit profile will be considered.
- Technical background preferred.
- Good knowledge quantitative strategies of automated trading.
- Subject Matter Expert in one asset class
- Strong understanding of Capital Markets activities, processes and risks
- Good understanding of Operational & Conduct Risks
- Strong project management skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage priorities
- Strong team spirit and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills (written & spoken)
- Comfortable presenting projects to regional and global capital market management
- Data mining skills
- Excel Programming,
- Spanish or Portuguese speaker is a plus