As our VP of People and Places, you will oversee all things related to Human Resources, Recruitment, Communication, and IT & Facilities. As we continue to build a remote and globally distributed organization, we're looking for someone that has helped build the right infrastructure, philosophies and policies for growing startups. We plan to double in headcount over the next two years, across the globe.
You will report into our co-founder and work closely with leadership and members of our board to align your teams' objectives with company goals. We will turn to you as the expert that can consult our management team on strategic staffing plans and ensure a profitable operation of Company's human resources department.
One of our core values is "continuous learning"; so, we're looking for an HR professional that is excited about introducing and improving new ideas in our ever-changing work environment.
- Oversee all global HR matters including, but not limited to, compliance, visa matters, legal entity setup, etc.
- Own all recruitment matters spanning from recruitment strategies and hiring processes, to interview training and recruitment marketing
- Manage internal communication guidelines and workplaces to build an efficient and distributed workforce
- Own analytics and reporting for HR and recruitment in order to make data-driven decisions
- Maintain and continuously revisit global employee benefits and Learning & Development programs
- Create a compensation philosophy and continually gather salary data to ensure a strong recruitment position in the market as we continue to become more remote-friendly
- Oversee the continued implementation, automation and use of our new HRIS, Netsuite
- Advise on and own all processes related to on-boarding and off-boarding employees
- Develop a deep understanding of our business - our key metrics, drivers for growth, our future plans, etc. - in order to develop a longer-term HR strategy
- Work closely with the management team to ensure that there are efficient and well-communicated processes, changes, etc.
- Increase productivity across the organization by leading efforts that include, but are not limited to, introducing better communication guidelines, introducing new tools/platforms, providing management mentorship to new managers, assisting with conflict resolution
- Become a trusted leader that all employees are comfortable approaching and speaking to about sensitive and/or private issues, as needed
- 12+ years of experience hiring for and managing People Operations and Recruiting teams
- 6+ years of experience managing remote and/or regionally distributed direct reports
- Experience managing HR and recruitment on a globally distributed team
- Experience leading recruitment efforts at multiple B2B companies with a strong understanding of how to compete/recruit as an employer in competitive markets
- Familiarity with supporting a workforce with various employment types (contractors, consultants, part-time exempt, full-time exempt, etc.)
- Extensive experience handling all visa related matters for an organization
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to build trusting relationships
- Experience building processes for a 50-150 person startup with a global workforce
- Experience working with and/or reporting directly into founders and executives
- Experience setting up new entities, offices and HR processes/documents in various countries