We are seeking an experienced, professional, hands-on, collaborative, self-motivated leader to serve as our human capital expert within Company. As Company continues to grow, we need a strategic thinker who will set us up for success by focusing on organizational and people development: anticipating growth and training needs, creating accountability, and developing managers and leaders. The Vice President of People will provide leadership and guidance on all facets of human resources management at Company and will be a standard-bearer and champion of the organization's culture and core values. The Vice President of People is responsible for identifying and implementing strategic talent management goals and setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, best practices, and initiatives across the organization. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President of People will lead a growing team and oversee the development of the HR function. The ideal candidate will be a proactive partner with a genuinely held belief that no task is too big or too small.
- Partner with other leaders in the organization to understand short and long-term priorities; ensure alignment of HR strategy that will meet overall goals of the organization.
- Offer strategic leadership in the planning, development, and implementation of HR processes and procedures.
- Ensure HR policies and procedures are designed thoughtfully, communicated appropriately, interpreted and consistently applied across the organization.
- Serve as a trusted resource and thought-partner to the leadership team, managers and staff in a variety of HR-related areas.
- Manage the talent recruitment function for a growing organization that builds robust and diverse candidate pipelines for various roles at different levels.
- Establish and maintain a strategic workforce development plan that aligns with organizational needs and attracts and retains diverse staff.
- Lead, develop, organize and manage HR function which includes workforce design and planning; Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI); talent acquisition; talent development; succession management and planning; performance management; employee relations; compensation; on/off-boarding; benefits; HR systems and policies; and employee engagement.
- Oversee new hire orientation and provide strategic direction on onboarding initiatives, contributing to a successful new hire experience.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight to compensation policy; ensure competitive compensation necessary to attract and retain qualified staff.
- Oversee workplace investigations and make recommendations regarding employment actions; ensure all matters are handled in an equitable and consistent manner.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of and ensure compliance with all federal, state and city legal and regulatory requirements for labor and employment practices.
- Oversee recruitment, training, supervision and evaluation of HR department staff.
Company attracts employees with distinctive and diverse backgrounds and accomplishments. Integrity, creativity, flexibility, and drive are key attributes of competitive candidates. The ideal candidate will have most of the following qualities and/or qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years progressive HR experience, including 5+ years in HR management.
- Masters' Degree, PHR/ SPHR certificate or any other advanced education/ training in HR field preferred.
- Prior experience as lead HR individual for a business/organization or business unit preferred.
- Prior experience working in a small, growing, mission-based organization preferred.
- Strong generalist foundation across all HR functional areas including; recruiting, talent development, organizational development, performance management, change management, compensation and benefits, compliance/legal policies, employee engagement, employee relations, etc.
- Ability to coach and mentor direct reports, peers and leaders on sound talent management practices.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and regulations and practical experience of translating those laws into organizational policies and practices.
- Excellent critical thinking, judgment, and decision-making ability, including the ability to weigh the short- and long-term costs and benefits of a potential action.
- Ability to develop recommendations grounded in a combination of data, best practices research and personal expertise.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, highly collaborative, with ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, across all levels of the organization.
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking, and strong follow through required.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Proven ability to re-prioritize and work quickly and efficiently.
- Experience in legal, finance, risk management and organizational development a plus.