Reporting into the Chief Product Officer, the Vice President of a.i. and Chief Data Officer will lead a team to ensure that our customers and athena are deriving the highest possible value from our unique and expansive healthcare data set. This executive will lead the "athena.intelligence" product organization which owns athena's data assets and develops machine learning models. In addition, they will be responsible for enterprise-wide data governance and athena's overall information strategy.
We are looking for a leader with the ability to develop inventive approaches for creating models and deriving insights from the large amounts of financial and clinical data across the athenahealth network; with the mission improving physician and office staff workflows, reducing administrative cost/processing time, and ultimately providing point of care insights that help improve the quality of healthcare delivered. In this role, you will be responsible for the overall a.i. roadmap, resource allocation, and making buy-build-partner decisions. You will work closely with customers, other product leaders and our Engineering team to ensure that intelligence is infused throughout our product offering. This individual will directly lead and indirectly partner with an overall team of 100+ individuals including product management, product market strategy, product operations (indirect), User Experience (Indirect) and R&D (indirect).
Are you the leader we are looking for If so, you have:
- A passion for improving our healthcare system.
- Capability to effectively with enterprise clients and understand how they work and think, ultimately crafting approaches that are effective for important external stakeholders.
- Developed a deep understanding of product management best practices; especially in the context of an agile development environment.
- A technical understanding (data science, A.I., software engineering) and an ability to gut check technical feasibility and timelines; removing technical development barriers
- Aptitude to translate the overall objectives of the organization into actionable, quantitative plans
- Ability to lead whiteboard strategy discussions and can help a team understand and own the overall strategic direction and create an executable plan to push out to broader teams
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Data governance
- Own the athena Data Lake and data view product
- Insure consistent definitions and metrics across the organization
- Promote self-service data analysis (both with our customers and within athena)
- Improve data quality
- Product Roadmap Creation / Collaboration
- Create and maintain our internal and external roadmaps for athena.intelligence
- Leverage insights and feedback from clients, prospects and internal partners and make/communicate the necessary tradeoffs to build an excellent offering
- Drive critical business decisions including pricing and build vs. partner vs buy
- Deliver Great Product
- Maintain direct responsibility for the Product Owners who serve as scrum masters
- Ensure proper tradeoffs and management of unplanned requirements to deliver the best possible product on time and within budget
- Team Leadership
- Lead, inspire, and grow a team of athenistas, modeling effective relationship building, ensuring high employee engagement and managing staff career progression
- Ensure continued development of product management team by implementing solutions for learning and teaching
- Expertise and experience within machine learning and data science
- Deep understanding of healthcare / health IT environment
- 15+ years relevant data analytics and data mining experience
- Excellent predictive modeling skills
- Experience leading teams and managing leaders