The Manager, Test Engineering is accountable for project, resource and technical management related to all technical test and burn-in capabilities for Rochester manufactured products. This position will integrate and develop test/component processes and methodologies and manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise. This position will also d evelop and support test solutions for complex semiconductors on automated test equipment .
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- O versee s the development of new t est capabilities and procedures by leading a team of Engineers .
- Plan s and oversee s new semiconductor component development projects to include data analysis test p lan/flow, test procedure, test methodology, project management, test report preparation and failure investigation.
- Test s hardware implementation and documentation.
- Conducts pr oduct characterization and bench analysis.
- Document s product test requirements.
- Monitor s and communicate s project status, business issues and significant developments as appropriate.
- Assure s proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures. Verifies technical accuracy of work.
- Build s and develop s new capabilities, specifications & standards, personnel, and equipment to support company objectives.
- Draft s , present s and explain s proposals, reports, and findings to clients and c ommunicate s technical issues with clients as required.
- Consult s and negotiate s with clients to prepare project specifications.
- Develop s and implements policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department.
- Perform s administrative functions such as reviewing and writing technical reports, approving expenditures, develop cost estimates, enforcing and develop rules and policies.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Modifies process flows based on historical trends to streamline the manufacturing process.
- Coordinates new product developments and tracking associated costs.
- Supports tests s ervices, programming and b urn -i n as needed.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
BSEE or equivalent.
A minimum of five years electrical test engineering experience required including experience with analog/digital/memory/mixed signal test methodologies.
A minimum of four years of team and project leadership requiring advanced planning, project management, and building a strong engineering team.
Ability to troubleshoot electronic products, equipment & processes.
Must have general engineering knowledge of quality and reliability principles.
Must have the ability to understand trends in the market pertaining to automated test equipment (ATE) and methodologies and advise senior management.
Must be very organized and detail oriented.
Requires moderate computer skills, familiarity with MS office products (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint), and ability to learn custom software. Must have advanced MS Excel skills to include pivot tables and
Must have high level of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) programming knowledge and experience.
Must be able to work with electronic bench equipment (meters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, signal generators, curve tracer, etc.)
Must also have initiative and able to handle many active projects.
Detailed understanding of electronic components, component test methodology, diagnostic and debug techniques.
Outstanding work ethic with a passion to meet commitments and schedules.
Supervise and lead a team of test engineers. Hire, train, and mentor other engineers and supporting staff; oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence. Write performance reviews and resolve internal issues.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Strong organizational skills.
Certain tasks are performed on a daily basis while others will vary every day.
Potential exposure to adverse environment conditions: Voltages / Current
Close work (paperwork, visual examination)
Light/Medium physical work
Seldom exerting force of 50 lbs.
Moderate to Heavy keyboard use
Reaching above shoulder/below shoulder