When you join Eastern Bank, you join the largest and oldest mutual bank in the country. We pride ourselves in having knowledgeable and experienced professionals that can provide the expertise, personal attention and service our customers deserve.
As the fourth-largest full-service commercial bank in Greater Boston, we are able to offer you unique opportunities for career growth throughout the organization, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits program.
As an inclusive company, we work to ensure that our valued employees are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, and encouraged to reach their fullest potential. These values have earned us a reputation as a great place to work and provide a strong reason why you should consider a career with us. Responsibilities for the Teller role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Process deposits to customer accounts; includes verification of cash, verification of endorsements, and providing customers with receipts.
- Cash checks for customers and non-customers.
- Process and properly record the sale of monetary instruments (i.e. official bank checks)
- Process foreign currency purchases and sales.
- Redeem savings bonds.
- Properly file all government-mandated reports related to large cash transactions and the sale of all monetary instruments.
- Process various types of loan payments and credit card cash advances.
- Assist with providing customers with access to safe deposit area.
- Actively engages in the sales process by identifying potential financial needs for customers and non-customers alike and makes appropriate referrals of such leads to the platform staff for follow-up.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Incumbent must be outgoing, have good customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Individual should be a self-starter and be technically literate.