The Nature's Bounty Co. is a privately held, global leader in health and wellness with a rich history and proven track record in the nutritional market. As a manufacturer, marketer and online seller of vitamins, dietary supplements, minerals, herbals, protein bars and powders, and ethical beauty products, our purpose is to create a happier, healthier world using the power of science and nature. The brands of The Nature's Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Pure Protein®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Nature's Bounty Co. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you've ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person's well-being. The Nature's Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.Job Description
Note: This is a 3rd shift position. Hours are Mon - Fri Overnights.
If you are driven to build teams, share your drive for excellence and innovative spirit, and focused on results, Nature's Bounty is where you want to be! We are building an organization of passionate people committed to the health and wellness of our customers and to the success of our culture and company. This Packaging Leader is a critical role within our Packaging Plant, responsible for leading/driving operations and productivity within a team.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The performance of the assigned Packaging Team (generally 4 to 8 lines), including safety, quality, cost, productivity, and customer service
- Leading 10-20 associates on the packaging team
- Achieving all Key Performance Indicators on the Plant Scorecard
- Creating a safe, healthy and positive working environment for all associates
- Establish and maintain the highest quality standards for each packaging process, as well as for all finished product shipped to every customer
- Establish and maintain Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the Production and Packaging of solid dosage nutraceuticals
- Meet customer delivery commitments on time, first time, every time
- Manage the team's operations in a highly productive, cost effective manner
- Provide coaching and guidance to the team for the implementation, execution, and improvement of Daily Management systems, including Safety, Centerline, Clean-Inspect-and-Lubricate, Total Productive Maintenance, Quality Defect Elimination, etc.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the team for Daily Management systems to ensure high levels of quality, problem identification and resolution, productivity, and associate involvement and ownership, including
- Execution of effective Daily Direction Setting meetings
- GEMBA walks
- 3+ years of experience as a Packaging Line leader (or equivalent role) in a high-speed consumer products packaging environment, with successful assignments in Manufacturing, Packaging, Engineering, Formulation and/or other technically oriented areas and/or a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or similar technical discipline
- Military experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to utilize effective interpersonal skills to effectively communicate, positively influence team members, and provide strong leadership and coaching to operating teams in a manufacturing/packaging environment
- A substantial technical background, evidenced by either academic credentials and/or substantial relevant professional experience
- Knowledge and proven ability to work effectively in high performing organizations
- Strong ability to coach and influence others
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to analyze numbers, determine trends, and make recommendations for actions to be taken
- PC skills that encompass Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint and ERP applications are required
- Stand or walk for extended periods of time
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our online job postings.