MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The staff accountant is a pivotal member of the department, providing assistance to the AR and AP teams as well as assisting the Senior Accountant with the month end close and financial reporting.
Our client is an internationally established law firm with offices throughout the US and Europe. They are looking for an experienced Staff Accountant to join their team for a temporary-to-permanent position. As there is a hiring freeze in place currently; they are recruiting a permanent position within the team to start on a contractual basis until the freeze's expiry date.
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Calculate depreciation and amortization schedules.
- Enter adjusting entries and post to the general ledger.
- Assist with the month end close including: entering closing journal entries and assisting in the generation of the Financial Statements on a monthly basis.
- Posting Travel & Expense transactions to the General Ledger.
- Reconciling Expenses at End of Month/Quarter.
- Ad Hoc projects as requested.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 2-3 years of Accounting Experience (minimum).
- Experience with Elite or Aderant preferred.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Competitive Salary
- Optional Benefits
- Working from home until January 2021 at the earliest.