Our client is a Global, research-based Bio Pharma Co. with 47K people worldwide in 14 countries. They are urgently looking for a Sr. Principal Process Engineer - Subject Matter Expert in Biologics Manufacturing. Excellent salary, bonus, stock options, full relocation package
Job Posting # 2278A
Job Title : Sr. Principal Process Engineer - SME Overnight travel: - Limited now - see Note 3
Location : Worcester, MA
Relocation : YES - Full Relo Package
Compensation : Salary of $150K - $175K + Bonus of 5 - 15 % + Stock options
Excellent Benefits: Company Sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K
Company Info: Our client is a Global research-based Bio Pharma manufacturer with 47K people worldwide in 14 countries. The company produces therapeutic drugs for 60+ medical conditions
Be part of their global engineering group of around 20 people. This role is in their Technical group of 6, providing subject matter expertise for complex technologies supporting the existing and new projects to plants worldwide. The active projects to be supported are at manufacturing plants in Worcester, Mass, Puerto Rico, Campbell, CA and Singapore
Note 1 : This is a Global principal level individual contributor technical role as a subject matter expert on highly complex Biologics bulk Manufacturing process for upstream and downstream equipment like Bio-reactor, Protein Purification, Chromatography column separation, Ultra Filtration Día Filtration (UFDF) skids etc.
This person will not have any direct reports and will work as an internal corporate consultant providing technical expertise to the project engineering and plant operations group. Previous technical manager level who are flexible to work in this role are welcome
Note 2 : The right person will need process expertise from high volume commercial manufacturing (3K -12K normally but up to 100K liter capacity reactors) and not small scale in R/D, Process development or scale up in Lab environment
Note 3 : Very limited travel during these Covid times. Post Covid overnight travel will be up to 25 %
Job Description :
● 70% Technical support as Biologics SME for new Projects
● 20% Provide conceptual design technical service oversight to external design build partners
● 10% Troubleshoot technical issues as needed for commercial manufacturing of existing processes
● Build strong sustainable relationships with key stakeholders in the Biologics plants (in Puerto Rico, Singapore, Campbell CA and Worcester MA)
● Partner closely with these sites to identify, develop, plan, and deliver on high profile projects within the enterprise
● Be the Biologics Equipment SME within the Global Engineering group- sharing best practices, technical know-how and adding significant value to the group
● Partner with leading design companies to deliver on medium - large scale capital investment projects
● Demonstrate the ability to leverage key stakeholders internationally to deliver projects supporting strong pipeline of products
● Ensure quality and effectiveness of key results of major projects through sound design, early risk assessments, and implementation of fallback strategies thereby mitigating risk. Have full awareness of the potential consequences (defects and failure modes) of design changes to established processes.
● Achieve the project's financial targets in support of business objectives and life cycle costs.
● Serve as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs.
● Provide SME troubleshooting expertise/support on projects or significant Biologics related technical issues at site (s)
● Advisor to management and internal customers on advanced technical studies and applications
Candidate Must Have:
● BS in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering
● Min 10 years of significant engineering for process design and operation of biologics facilities (upstream and downstream), preferably with some international experience.
● Demonstrated excellence in breadth and depth across engineering disciplines and is recognized as a subject matter expert for bio process equipment, techniques and facility layouts
● Experience leading Risk Assessments for biologics projects
● Experience performing process fit analysis to complete feasibility, conceptual, and preliminary design studies including developing scope, budget, and schedule for existing or new facilities.
● Possesses a strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures.
● Work on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors.
● Exercises judgment and advises management as to the appropriate actions.
● Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
● Listens to and understands others' points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
● Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
● Able to work independently with internal stakeholders at the plant
Candidate-Nice to Have
● MS Degree in Technical field
● Diversity candidates are welcome
● Previous experience with Engineering design companies along with Operations Manufacturing
● International experience working with people from various cultures, languages and time zones.
Keywords: Engineer, Chemical, BioPharma, fermentation, downstream, SME, Pharmaceutical, FDA, Manufacturing, Operations, Bio-reactor, Protein Purification, Chromatography column separation, Ultra Filtration Día Filtration (UFDF), design, process.