Connecting people with each other and the right information is mission critical. Intrado, formerly West develops innovative cloud-based technology to make it easier, more effective and more efficient to make the right connections. Our solutions put people in sync with each other and the right information, so they gain the insight needed to reach better decisions on the issues that matter most. We do it with a laser focus on reliability.
Intrado is a leading provider of technology-driven, communication services, serving Fortune 1000 companies and other clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, retail, financial services, public safety, technology and healthcare. For more than 30 years, we have been leading the way in hosted and cloud-based solutions.
Due to a recent acquisition of OnSIP, Intrado has an immediate need for a Sr Linux Administrator. This role will be located at our office at 55 Broad Street in downtown Manhattan within walking distance of several subway stations.
OnSIP provides real-time communications services to thousands of businesses and developers. We maintain a fast-paced 'startup' environment and keep meetings to a minimum. OnSIP is a geographically distributed Internet service, deployed on clusters of virtualized Linux systems. We use open standards SIP and WebRTC to enable quality real-time communications between browsers, mobile devices, office phones, and voice applications.
As part of the engineering team at OnSIP, you will work closely with a team of motivated and talented software developers and network engineers to deliver an award-winning SIP and WebRTC based service to our customers. You will be involved in all aspects of the maintenance and administration of the OnSIP platform.Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build and scale infrastructure for reliable product operations
- Maintain a system with high availability and total uptime of product operations
- Build, maintain, monitor and optimize/improve applications, servers and other backend systems
- Provide 24x7 operational support as part of a weekly on-call rotation
- Keep other teams up to date on system maintenances and downtimes
- Keep up to date on new and emerging technologies
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Technical Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, however equivalent experience may be substitued for education
- RHCSA or RHCA preferred, but not required
- AWS / GCP certifications preferred, but not required
- 5 - 7 years of systems administration experience, specifically working with virtualized Linux servers (RedHat or CentOS)
- Demonstrated experience using and maintaining configuration management servers, Puppet preferred
- Proficiency with at least on scripting language such as Python, Bash, Ansible, etc.
- Comfort level with database administration in MariaDB and / or Cassandra
- Experience with monitoring and analytics tools such as Nagios
- Past experience working in with an Agile development team
- AWS / GCP cloud experience is a plus
Our solutions connect people with each other, and the information needed to gain insights for better decisions on the issues that matter most - Information to Insight.
Intrado has sales and/or operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Latin and South America and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and Other Protected Categories.
This position will be posted for 14
days or until the position is filled.