Advantage XPO is currently searching for a Sheeter Operator- Litho for PaperWorks Industries, a leading manufacturer of paperboard and packaging solutions. This position will be based in their Baldwinsville, NY location.
About PaperWorks Industries
PaperWorks is a leading, integrated North American full-service provider of 100% recycled paperboard and specialized folding cartons for packaging applications. Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, we are committed to the highest sustainable forestry and procurement standards.
We want our team members to be proud of the essential work they do, our commitment to the environment, and the overall company. As part of our culture journey to be recognized as a Great Place to Work©, we continue to invest heavily in our people, our company culture and in state-of-the-art technology to be at the forefront of innovation and market differentiation. PaperWorks' products are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council and 100% Recycled Paperboard Alliance.
Our purpose is clear. Deliver innovative, value-added packaging solutions to the world while making it a better place for all.Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will operate a sheeter machine to cut the rolls into sheets of the specified board size and standard quality.
Summary of essential job functions and responsibilities:
- Must be able to understand and follow computer instructions to print reports after the completion of every job.
- Must learn to keep accurate production records, including the completion of all ISO 9 required forms; and learn to accurately use different measuring devices including tape measures, calipers, gauges, and micrometers.
- Able to instruct other employees in all phases of work with a minimum of personal friction or conflict.
- Perform preventive maintenance by greasing and oiling the machinery as needed.
- Use specification sheets to determine what roll size to use and what the cut-off size should be.
- Adjust the roll holder to fit the size of the new roll.
- Adjust the PIV speed of the sheeter machine to cut the size of sheets needed.
- Operate sheeting machines at the most efficient production speed.
- Continuously inspects the product detecting any quality deficiencies.
- Use a forklift to haul the cut sheets to the proper storage area.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the machinery and the work area around it.
- Follow all applicable ISO procedures and make recommendations for system improvements as identified.
- Must be capable of keeping accurate records, including the completion of all required forms; and the accurate use of different measuring devices including tape measures, and all other applicable gauges for your responsibilities.
- Perform as a capable trainer.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in the folding carton industry.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and comprehend documents and verbal instructions in English for Safety, ISO, and work related tasks.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, vendors, or employees of organization.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
PLEASE CLICK BELOW TO APPLY
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage xPO is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.