Identifies customers' needs through the bank's retail sales process to provide proactive sales solutions through customer outreach for basic and complex customer needs. Specializes in our branch customer experience through all retail and business sales interactions. Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Develop new customer relationships and expand and retain existing relationships by proactively identifying opportunities leveraging the portfolio management process and utilizing the fundamentals of the Bank's sales process to achieve personal sales and/or referral goals.
- Play key role in Relationship Management (customer assessments, profiling for sales opportunities, account opening and lead-focused outbound calling), Sales Process (profile/pre-call planning, outreach, appointment preparation, interaction/appointment, follow-up) and Risk Management (audit requirements, fraud prevention, Know Your Customer (KYC) and customer information profile (CIP)).
- Reach out to clients to follow up from previous interactions based on need identified during an appointment/interaction to progress development plan.
- Develop understanding and knowledge of products and services offered by Business Banking.
- Evaluate financing requests, recommend loan structure, and submit complete loan application packages.
- Research and provide industry knowledge (e.g. vertical IQ).
- Fluently explain processes, services, and products (e.g. interest expense, amortization schedules, how to optimize/educate all types of consumer debt scenarios, Mortgage/HELOC, Business Banking products, TM and Merchant Services products)
- Attend community networking events.
- Develop relationships with Centers of Influence for referral opportunities
- Act as liaison with business partners for retail product solutions (i.e. cross-selling retail products to business owners). Build relationships with non-branch business partners (e.g. business bankers, mortgage loan originators).
- Perform basic sales duties.
- May be required to solicit new business banking relationships through outbound prospecting calling activities and develop new banking relationships through a consultative sales approach in some branches.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
The focus of this position is to serve as key driver in growing the business through proactive identification of sales opportunities and portfolio management with customers to support achievement of annual branch sales goals. The position interacts with appropriate areas of the bank to ensure customer needs and service issues are resolved timely, accurately and completely.
The position must stay current on operational, product, and system changes/enhancements, as well as demonstrate good risk management decisions to assist the branch in managing preventable losses and reduce fraudulent activity. Must have sophisticated understanding of each 4 types of need, transactional, savings, retirement and protection (why, why and how). Works with more complex business customers. Education and Experience Required:
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) and a minimum of 3 years proven retail sales, call center, customer service and/or telesales experience
A high school diploma or equivalent (GED) and minimum of 2 years proven proactive sales experience.
Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Proven ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service
Well organized individual with time management and prioritization skills
Demonstrated financial services product knowledge
Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy with internal and external customers
Proficient with internet user-level technology Education and Experience Preferred:
Notary public license
Minimum of 3 years financial services sales experience
Bi-lingual based on branch needs Physical Requirements:
Ability to stand for long periods of time
Prolonged use of hands and fingers
Ability to lift light to heavy objects weighing 5lbs to 30lbs
Ability to read fine print
Ability to interact with customers in an open face-to-face work environment
Ability to use fax, telephone system, copier and other communication toolsLocation
Harrison, New York, United States of America