The Senior Electrical Engineer provides leadership and direct engineering support to product development projects. This includes engineering and design of hardware, software, and firmware as appropriate to meet subsystem and total system requirements. The position works collaboratively with all engineering disciplines (electrical, mechanical, optical, metrology, and software) for successful product commercialization. Relocation assistance is available!
- Designs major electrical systems and subsystems for new commercialized product.
- Enhances existing electrical subsystems to reduce cost, improve performance, and provide additional options/features.
- Creates design documentation including manufacturing test requirements and product verification.
- Provides technical direction and training for junior engineering and manufacturing personnel.
- Leads and manages new commercialization projects, technical risk management, and problem solving activities that includes cross-disciplinary team members.
Applies strategic decision making for electrical/electronic technology management for new products and product subsystems. Education and Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum BSEE Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience with proven results in the design of machine systems.
- Analog and digital circuit design
- Proficiency using CAD software.
- Hardware description language; VHDL skills a plus.
- Microcontroller hardware and software skills; VB and C/C++ experience a plus.
- Servo system design experience a plus.
- Works effectively in cross-functional team environments as a team participant or team leader.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at various technical levels.
Ability to adapt to evolving design requirements. Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.