Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Senior Business Analyst to work at Fidelity in Smithfield, Rhode Island.
As part of an Agile squad, the Analyst is responsible for examining business systems and processes to identify user needs, document requirements, and address operational issues. He or she will collaborate with a Squad Leader to build, prioritize and maintain product backlog in order to focus the team on delivering business solutions with the highest impact to desired outcomes. Where appropriate he or she will translate business requirements to technical resources in support of helping develop business solutions that reduce risk, maximize business efficiency, and minimize impact. The successful candidate will be capable of executing in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
The Expertise You Have
- Expertise in various business analysis methodologies, including data analysis, uses case development, story writing, and user acceptance testing and product documentation.
- Proven ability to translate business vision into defined and prioritized narratives for the team backlog
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Jira or similar Agile backlog management tool preferred
The Skills You Bring
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to understand complex customer needs and translate them in stories with actionable acceptance criteria
- Customer obsessed and have demonstrated dedication to delivering frequent, high business value features
- Display strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work expertly across the organization and interact/influence/negotiate effectively at all levels of management and peers including a vendor
- Comfortable with ambiguity and with making autonomous decisions while working within a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to break down complex problems into smaller and more manageable tasks or units of work
The Value You Deliver
- Partnering daily with the system engineers to provide business context for key deliverables and to advance overall product development
- Working within a team environment, execute high quality and timely content management system (CMS) data updates in support of product development efforts
- Collaborating with strategic partners to problem-solve and to prioritize critical customer-facing product enhancements
- Coordinating eReview process with LRC to secure approval of customer-facing content
- Participating in agile ceremonies such as daily standups, sprint planning meetings, demos and retrospectives. Help maintain backlog of stories for the squad.
- Inspect the progress at the end of sprints with the authority to accept or reject work done.
- Mitigate impediments that may impact successful team completion of release/sprint goals.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity's diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com .
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com .
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.