ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading serviced and construction organization located in Hartford, CT. This company conducts business across all of New England as well as New York. They are looking for a strong Senior Accountant to manage the close process and to be the right hand person to the CFO who works out of the New York office.
REASONS TO APPLY NOW:
- This position has a ton of autonomy
- This business uses cutting edge technology to deliver excellent customer service
- Work life balance - there will be some overtime during the close process, but the rest of the month is mostly a 40 hour work week with a flexible schedule
- The CFO is a CPA and is always looking to streamline processes.
- The CFO is always open to employee suggestions as well
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT:
- The Senior Accountant will be responsible for preparing monthly journal entries and reconciliations
- Oversee and manage all general ledger activity
- The Senior Accountant will ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end close process
- Assist with project billing as needed
- The Accounting Manager will oversee the Bookkeeper
- Reconcile the A/R and A/P ledger
- Work Closely with the external auditors during the annual audit
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT:
- BS in Accounting or equivalent hands on experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Supervisory experience a plus but not required
- Solid understanding of accounting processes and procedures
Please email resume for immediate consideration.
Keywords: Senior Accountant, Accountant, month end close, monthly close, Senior Accounting