We are currently seeking a full time
in our high-volume Accounting Department located at our Corporate Office in
Farmingdale, Long Island, N.Y.
This position includes, but is not limited to:
- Performing day-to-day accounting functions which will require obtaining an understanding of the entire accounting process and working collaboratively with all departments within Accounting.
- Monthly general ledger close - preparing and/or reviewing journal entries, preparing account reconciliations and analyses and preparing month-end reports for Senior Management.
- Preparing and maintaining reconciliations and schedules for interim and year-end financial statement audits.
- Preparing reconciliations and other supporting documentation for various other audits including sales tax and corporate tax audits.
- Compliance work including preparing and filing monthly sales tax returns, analyzing transactions for unclaimed property filings, and other regulatory compliance filings.
- Assisting with special projects requested by Senior Management that involve analyzing the business and various operations.
Monday-Friday - Full Time Salaried Position
The ideal candidate must be motivated, professional, detail oriented and possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and work well as part of a team.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required with 2-3 years of experience, preferably in public accounting.
- CPA preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required.
Excellent BENEFITS available including:
- Health Plan Options providing comprehensive coverage for the employee and family (if applicable).
- Health Savings Account (if applicable).
- Voluntary Vision & Dental Plan.
- Life Insurance and Supplemental Insurance Programs.
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with a discretionary annual Company match, Flexible Spending Plan and an Employee Discount.
- Accrued Vacation Time & Personal Days
P.C. Richard & Son is an Equal Opportunity Employer