MilliporeSigma is seeking a Scientist to be a part of our Virus and Gene Therapy Bioprocessing (VGTB) team. The successful candidate will support the development of unit operations for Adeno-associated virus (AAV) and Lentivirus (LV) viral vector production utilizing the MilliporeSigma line of products. This is a customer-facing process development group with expertise required in both upstream and/or downstream activities associated with viral vector manufacturing. You will also provide input for areas of innovation and new product development to advance MilliporeSigma as the leader in viral vector bioprocessing.
As a member of the VGTB team, your responsibilities will include the planning and execution of experimental designs, maintenance of adherent and suspension cell line used for gene therapy applications, bench and pilot scale virus production, analytical analysis for product quality/process recoveries, good documentation skills, and general lab maintenance duties. This position requires a combination of intensive laboratory work, generation and delivery of scientific reports, and organization of documents. The candidate will work in a matrix environment as a member of a highly dynamic team, working on multiple projects and contributing to the development of current and future manufacturing templates.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering or other scientific or engineering discipline
- 2+ years' hands-on experience with Upstream processing
- 2+ years of mammalian cell culture
- 2+ years' experience in process development for viral vector bioprocessing
- 2+ years' hands-on experience in Upstream Bioprocessing unit operations and development and use of analytical assays
- 1+ years' experience in troubleshooting automated instrumentation and process equipment
- Experience with LV and/or AAV viral vector production at pilot scales (up to 50L)
- Experience designing experiments for and analyzing data from mammalian cell cultures in bioreactors
- Knowledge of downstream unit operations (cell clarification, tangential flow filtration, and various chromatography systems) desired
- Ability to exercise significant judgment when analyzing complex projects and demonstrate a high level of scientific achievement and understanding
- Experience with various bioinformatic and office computer software systems.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment and the ability to work efficiently on challenging complex projects with aggressive timelines.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills