MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Our client is looking for a detail-oriented, motivated individual to join their growing team to draft and to file SARs (suspicious activity reports).
Our client is a large, foreign bank located in Midtown Manhattan.
- Write and draft SARs
- Research, analyze, and investigate high risk customer/commercial account behavior for potential Money Laundering or Terrorist Financing related suspicious activity in accordance with Bank policies and procedures. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Must have experience with investigations in correspondent banking
- Must have QA experience
- Reviewing triggering activity in SAS or other transaction monitoring systems/reports
- Verifying customer risk rating in Bank systems
- Performing transactional review and analysis
- Performing Negative Media scan using tools such as Internet search engines and LexisNexis
- Retrieving and Reviewing customer documents (onboarding documents, check images, etc) from Bank systems to support case
- Experience with and knowledge of Retail and Commercial Banking, .Correspondent banking knowledge is a must
- Prior experience in using industry-standard AML tools including, but not limited to SAS, Mantas, Norkom, LexisNexis, WorldCheck and various Case Management tools
- Preparing electronic case files with complete and accurate data
- Determine whether a SAR should be filed and drafting narrative for each case substantiating the decision/recommendation
- Write SARs
- Manage complex cases involving matters such as multiple relationship accounts, tiered and multi-faceted transactions; international wires involving Bank designated high risk jurisdictions, and complex cash structuring schemes.
- Partner with Bank staff, as necessary, in researching and investigating cases
- Make recommendations for closing customer accounts/relationships based on investigation
- Work with Team Leader to collate metrics and other data as requested
- 2-5 years of experience drafting SARs.
- 3+ years correspondent banking experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Understanding of AML compliance
- Competitive Pay
- Potential Opportunity for a full time role
- Opportunity to work for a large, foreign bank
- Full Benefits
- Opportunity to start a new role ASAP