WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a leading provider of architectural, engineering and consulting services , including design, planning, environmental, construction and program management. The company provides its comprehensive range of services and solutions to support U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker's more than 3,000 employees across nearly 100 locations are committed to a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve challenges for clients and communities throughout the country. To learn more, visit .
Michael Baker International's Construction Services staff supports clients by acting as their trusted on-site agent through all phases of construction, from pre-design to close-out, by providing qualified construction managers, inspectors, constructability reviewers, schedulers, estimators and safety experts. As new technologies evolve throughout the construction industry, innovative ideas are required to maintain and deliver successful construction projects.
The Assistant Resident Engineer will engage in the technical oversight of our active Wastewater Treatment (WWTP) projects. The individual will be responsible to bring existing backlog of projects online. Must be able to build rapport and establish positive relationships with existing and prospective Michael Baker International clients and Resident Engineering team.
Essential Project Management Duties:
- Maintain full responsibility for delivery of project quality and safety.
- Develop, maintain, distribute, and update project-specific Project Management Plan, including Health and Safety Plans and Quality Management Plans.
- Conduct safety meetings and training programs to ensure safety requirements are met.
- Coordinate audits of quality management processes and procedures.
- Sustain continuous improvement for all processes.
- Review project proposal and scope of work to determine schedule, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, assisting in contract negotiations, as required.
- Establish work plan for large and complex projects, arrange for staffing for each phase of project including subcontractor engagement.
- Coordinate project activities with NYCDEP, regulatory and other government agencies.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure progress remains on schedule and within budget.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required.
- Prepare project reports for operations team and clients.
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve problems.
- Generate and/or approve purchase orders, invoices, credits; review time sheets.
- Attend principal meetings, CM/Design coordination and technical reviews.
- Oversee coordination of staging and shutdown/start-up operations to ensure uninterrupted maintenance of facility operations.
- Mentor and growing staff including Assistant Resident Engineers, Office Engineers and Inspectors.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, and/or related field with 10 years managing construction of wastewater treatment plants, vertical construction is preferred. Combined Sewer Overflow construction experience a plus.
- NY Professional Engineer (PE) required. Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) Certified Construction Manager (CCM) preferred.
- Proven Project Management in WWTP/Resident Engineering experience in the NYC market.
- Build positive working relationships with existing and prospective clients including but not limited to NYCDEP.
- Working knowledge of NYCDEP SOP.
- Comprehensive understanding of wastewater treatment engineering processes.
- Experience in delivering large projects (valued at > $200 M construction contracts).
- Sheduling experience (CPM scheduling, Primavera, Microsoft Project), staffing, cost estimating, risk management, quality management, and project/document controls.
- Ability to manage a large staff, proven approach to attracting new team members and facilitate on-boarding.
- Aptitude for communicating with owner/client staff, contractors and subconsultants.
- Strong track record and ongoing commitment to delivering projects on-time safely, under budget, and of the utmost quality.
- Ability to achieve project goals through operational excellence, client satisfaction, staffing, growth objectives and business development opportunities.
- Working knowledge of E-builder preferred.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.