Title: Research Associate
Location: Cambridge, MA
Start date: ASAP
- The role would focus on protein expression and purification.
- The candidate will be responsible for supporting insect cell culture maintenance, protein expression, purification, and assay development.
- Will be responsible for maintenance of an insect cell line.
- Assist in experimental design and execution.
- Expected to express recombinant proteins in an insect cell line.
- May need to make buffers for purifications.
- Run FPLC and other chromatography for purification.
- Characterize purified proteins.
- Document work in electronic laboratory notebook.
- Write and revise SOPs.
- Track supply uses and order supplies as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Biochemistry, Biophysics, or related field.
- Candidates need basic laboratory skills, such as: pipette usage, SDS-PAGE, and western blots.
- Familiarity with aseptic technique.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal presentations, are required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and GraphPad for figure generation.
- Needs to be self-motivated with good time management skills.
- Preference for a candidate with hands-on insect or mammalian cell culture experience.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.