Research Associate _ CAMBRIDGE, MA
- Duration = One year from start date, with expected 1-year extension
- Typical Daily Work Hours = Mon-Fri, 40 hours/week, 8am to 5pm (with some flexibility in daily start/end times) - will have some long and some short days
- Weekend & OT work = Very rare and not expected, but candidates should be open to it if needed 100% onsite work. (lab-based position, so no remote even during COVID)
Summary: This opening is for a research associate position within the Biochemistry group of a pharmaceutical company in Cambridge, MA. The role would focus on protein expression and purification. The candidate will be responsible for supporting insect cell culture maintenance, protein expression, purification, and assay development. Position Responsibilities:
- Will be responsible for maintenance of an insect cell line.
- Assist in experimental design and execution.
- Expected to express recombinant proteins in an insect cell line.
- May need to make buffers for purifications.
- Run FPLC and other chromatography for purification.
- Characterize purified proteins.
- Document work in electronic laboratory notebook.
- Write and revise SOPs.
- Track supply uses and order supplies as needed.
- Degree in Biochemistry, Biophysics, or related field.
- Candidates need basic laboratory skills, such as: pipette usage, SDS-PAGE, and western blots.
- Familiarity with aseptic technique.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal presentations, are required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and GraphPad for figure generation.
- Needs to be self-motivated with good time management skills.
- ****MOST IMPORTANT: Preference for a candidate with hands-on insect or mammalian cell culture experience. - Candidates with this experience will be given priority. It's OK if this experience is academic for recent grad, as well as non-industry experience. ***
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. You can email with questions. Why Kelly?
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.