Apply for this job now
Reliability Engineering Manager
- Middleton, Massachusetts
- Job Type
- 27 Oct 2020
Apply for this job now
Our client is a Global Leader in Adhesives. They need a Reliability & Engineering Manager to manage the maintenance team, improve equipment reliability and productivity at the site, and reduce operating cost.
The Reliability & Engineering Manager ensures they operate to PSM regulations and exceed all corporate and regulatory EHS requirements.
The Reliability & Engineering Manager reports to the Site Manager and is responsible for Maintenance Supervisor, Facilities & EHS Specialist, two Process Engineers, and a Project/Reliability Engineer
● Manage an annual maintenance budget of 1.5mm.
● Lead Maintenance group of 3 staff engineers and 9 Maintenance E&I Technicians.
● Site consists of 5 production units in 400k square foot manufacturing & warehouse space
● Lead maintenance, reliability and small capital project activities for entire plant site.
● Develop execute strategic improvement plan for site maintenance including plant infrastructure, equipment and facility maintenance, security, instrumentation, electrical, and control systems.
● Implement all maintenance-related PSM requirements as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.119 and maintain full compliance, including the site Mechanical Integrity program.
● Analyze mechanical failure data, implement equipment reliability plans, preventative maintenance program, PMP, required to improve Safety, Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), and life cycle costs
● Ensure daily maintenance activities are linked with needs of Manufacturing and Planning groups.
● Coordinate 3rd party onsite maintenance activities
● Develop and manage Critical Spares program to align with business needs of the site.
● Lead maintenance group in safe practices in accordance with OSHA, EPA requirements.
● Provide troubleshooting support and guidance for team including on the off-shifts as needed.
● Coach, train, develop members of the maintenance department to achieve desired performance.
● Drive improvements in operational efficiency, reliability using lean tools, including OEE
● Develop and achieve improvement goals, objectives in alignment with Business and Plant KPIs.
● Manage / Oversee capital budgeting, planning, and spend execution.
● Provide project management for cost / capital projects & initiatives, as required.
● Provide direction to the engineering team, and support project development and implementation.
● Manage small team of process engineers, ensure targets and objectives are set and met.
Requirements for Reliability and Engineering Manager
● BS degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
● 5 + years maintenance and engineering expertise in a PSM facility ideally adhesives or chemicals, rotating & stationary equipment experience preferred
● Strong leadership, communication, organizational and team-building skills
● Project Management and computer skills (MS Office, AutoCAD and CMMS, ideally EAM)
● PLC skills preferable, including troubleshooting and configuration, basic electrical skills preferable (120/220/480V), including troubleshooting
● Comfortable in a fast paced, high pressure environment handling multiple projects regularly.
- Job Reference: 186061524-2
- Date Posted: 27 October 2020
- Recruiter: Van Grace Associates
- Location: Middleton, Massachusetts
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent