Under supervision, identifies, initiates, develops and maintains sources of profitable business for HCC Life within assigned marketing region.
Relying on limited experience and knowledge, the Regional Marketing Representative is responsible for accomplishing the following assignments. These assignments are varied in nature.
- Responsible for new business through outside sales and marketing to Third Party Administrators (TPAs)/Brokers within assigned territory.
- Foster additional business opportunities through writing of correspondence and attending trade shows.
- Conduct sales calls to cultivate and maintain long-term client relationships.
- Manage and increase existing blocks of business. Develops a strong relationship with TPA/Broker through on-site visits and resolving client issues in a timely fashion.
- Develop and maintain database of current and prospective producers.
- Negotiate fees with clients to close new and renewal business.
- Monitor competitor pricing and industry trends to identify marketplace characteristics.
- Gather information from utilization review and managed care organizations to develop stop-loss pricing.
- Monitor producer quote ratio, close ratio, renewal persistency, and loss ratio. Adapt marketing strategy as needed.
- Serve as liaison between Claims department and new TPA producers during the approval process.
- Develop and implement specific marketing strategies and materials.
- Ensures sound working relationships with clients and other company departments by acting as the point of contact.
- Various projects and duties as assigned by supervisor.Planning
- Follow work plans, established timelines, and pre-defined goals for assigned work.
- Meet commitments on deadlines.Communication
- Communicate activities, results, and observations with employees and management as appropriate.Cost Management
- Identify areas for improvement in existing business practices.
- Perform work thoroughly in a cost-efficient manner and at a high productivity level.Business Controls and Policies
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Report any breakdowns in controls to management.
- Conduct all activities in a safe manner. People Management
- No people management responsibility.
Position Knowledge, Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, a related field, or the equivalent education and/or experience
- Minimum of two years of relevant and progressive professional marketing/sales experience
- Possess and have ability to apply knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Advanced organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company's business to proactively respond to changing business environment
- Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a sucessful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit for more information about our companies.