Benchmark Senior Living, located in Waltham, MA is seeking an experienced Regional Director of Operations to join our Senior leadership team. Think senior living sounds boring? Think again. At Benchmark, we impact lives through human connection. We are thought leaders creating quality experiences and inspiring personal growth for all who engage with us. We just happen to imagine, build and manage beautiful, private-pay communities geared toward older adults. Are you Called to Care about your work, other people and making a difference? Do you believe that people and teams are Better Together than going it alone? Are you always striving to Be the Benchmark by which all others are measured? Then our core values match. Connect with us -and to what truly matters!
The Regional Director of Operations will oversee a cluster of communities in Massachusetts. In this role you will be responsible for the overall management of assigned communities within your cluster. In addition to overseeing community operations, the Regional Director of Operations is responsible for innovating and implementing processes and procedures to enhance the development of talent and systems in their assigned cluster. This position will report to the Vice President of Operations.
- Identifies trends and interacts with the Operating Team to develop and monitor action plans
- Completes, analyzes and distributes weekly labor variance reports
- Distributes weekly spend-down reports to portfolio managers
- Forecasts community-specific P&L reports twice monthly
- Forecasts monthly and quarterly P&L statements
- Assists VP of Operations with monthly review of community specific P&L statement
- Acts as a liaison with accounting department to answer questions and troubleshoot field accounting issues
- Participates in state associations and regulatory agencies
- Manages and reports all essential legal issues
- Understands and demonstrates operating efficiencies and expense control; manages/leads net operating income
- Develops, implements and tracks annual operating and capital budgets
- Functions as a change agent in the field
- Effectively manages sales and marketing with information systems, Marketing Action Plan's, critical success factors, etc.
- Demonstrates innovative, entrepreneurial thinking in response to competitive trends and business development opportunities
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Administration, Gerontology or other course of study that relates to service to the elderly, preferred.
- Must have multi-site management experience. Demonstrated, successful operations experience specific to independent, assisted, Alzheimer's, CCRC communities or related fields.
- Valid license to operate an assisted living facility, if mandated by the State in which the community is located.