Advantage XPO is currently searching for a Quality Laboratory Technician for PaperWorks Industries, a leading manufacturer of paperboard and packaging solutions. This position will be based in their Baldwinsville, NY location.
About PaperWorks Industries
PaperWorks is a leading, integrated North American full-service provider of 100% recycled paperboard and specialized folding cartons for packaging applications. Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, we are committed to the highest sustainable forestry and procurement standards.
We want our team members to be proud of the essential work they do, our commitment to the environment, and the overall company. As part of our culture journey to be recognized as a Great Place to Work©, we continue to invest heavily in our people, our company culture and in state-of-the-art technology to be at the forefront of innovation and market differentiation. PaperWorks' products are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council and 100% Recycled Paperboard Alliance.
Our purpose is clear. Deliver innovative, value-added packaging solutions to the world while making it a better place for all.Responsibilities
• Acquires product samples from each work center and reports results to the operator, leads and supervisors.
• Recommends course of action where non-conformance.
• Manages the storage and retrieval of test results.
• Operates within policies & procedures and maintaining compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements; including compliance with Occupational Health and Safety procedures. Ensures the safety of themselves and others as they move throughout the Plant work stations.
• Keeps equipment operating safely by enforcing its proper use in accordance with operating instructions.
• Troubleshoots lab equipment breakdowns.
• High school diploma or GED and 2+ years' experience in high volume multi-shift manufacturing operation.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables and implement solutions to correct.
• Basic math and computer skills; knowledge of statistics preferred
• Observant, detail oriented and organized must utilize a logical and methodical approach to issues.
• Ability to read and interpret information.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Syteline MRP system experience and knowledge preferred.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
• Box plant or converting plant experience.
• ISO 9000 or other auditing process experience.
• Lean Six Sigma experience.
PLEASE CLICK BELOW TO APPLY
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage xPO is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.