Kelly Engineering Resources has an exciting direct-hire opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join a leading manufacturer of refrigeration and heating equipment in the Syracuse area! The Quality Engineer will be responsible for establishing and executing quality systems to support compressor production and ensure compliance with code and engineering requirements. They will establish necessary quality tracking tools, perform root cause analyses, and define and implement corrective actions. Primary Responsibilities:
- Read & Interpret engineering specifications
- Support Definition of influencing factors within the processes that impact quality
- Define ways to monitor + measure factors (this includes but is not limited to test procedures + equipment)
- Monitor process influencing factors (these include but are not limited to torques, paint systems, titrations, humidity's, maintenance activities)
- Review, analyze and document deviations to plan & eventually quarantine deviating products
- Lead and drive root cause analysis with relevant parties to avoid deviations
- Oversee + support standardization of improved processes from quality perspective
- Coordinate calibration of equipment with suppliers providing calibration services
- Define audit schedule and report and track findings
- Complete daily/weekly/monthly reports as required
- Use continuous improvement and lean practices in manufacturing and quality areas to improve overall process efficiency and product quality.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by management.
- Bachelors' degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5+ years professional experience in quality assurance and quality systems
- Minitab experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of Engineering drawing and GD&T
- Data acquisition and analysis experience
- Experience of Standardized work documentation and Layered Process Audits
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team to analyze process engineering issues and deep dive root causation.
- Unigraphics and/or AutoCAD a plus
- Gage and tool design experience a plus
- SAP experience a plus
- CMM Programming experience a plus
- Possess excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Solid PC skills using Microsoft Office software, as well as a working knowledge of general office equipment (photocopier, fax machine, phones.)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefit plan options
- Paid Holidays and vacation days
- 401K with employer contribution
- Career growth and advancement
Why Kelly ® ?
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.