Apply for this job now
- Rochester, New York
- Job Type
- 13 Sep 2020
Apply for this job now
Our client, an expanding manufacturing and machining facility in western NY, is searching for a highly qualified Quality Engineer to join their ever-growing team.
SUMMARY: The Quality Engineer supports the development and implementation of quality control systems to ensure continuous production and consistency with established standards. Supports environmental standards with regulatory agencies and AS9100 standards/audits. The position reports into the Quality Assurance Manager and works alongside other Quality Engineers and a team of quality control inspectors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure a high level of internal quality assurance standards of machined products.
• Provide quality expertise in the areas of tooling, prints, specifications, product maintenance, raw materials, and vended products throughout the production process.
• Promote quality achievement and performance improvement under AS9100 Standards.
• Take part in AS9100 Annual Audits and work with Audit Team during annual audit.
• Develop and maintain system to ensure that the most current documents are distributed to the floor, training completed, and records maintained.
• Ensure compliance to Customer specifications.
• Understand quality requirements for external suppliers and continuous compliance.
• Adhere to clearly defined quality policies and procedures.
• Corrective action and compliance with Customers' quality specifications.
• Understand quality performance through data collection to produce and present statistical reports.
• Maintain an active role in product design from inception to execution.
• Recommend methods, materials, staffing, and layouts for improvements based on manufacturing needs and capabilities.
• Participate in problem solving on the floor to ensure irreversible corrective actions are implemented and followed.
• Understanding of Environmental, Health, and Safety standards.
• Knowledge, understanding, and compliance with Customer and Company standards, policies, and procedures.
• Comprehension of compliance and enforcement of all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations relating to job duties.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant work experience required. Experience in Aerospace and Defense work preferred.
• Five (5) years' experience as quality engineer including at least two (2) years of inspection experience required.
• Technical skills in Quality Assurance and engineering,
• Experience in Lean Manufacturing methods preferred.
• Proficient personal computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
• Ability to take a "hands on" approach to define problems, collect data, and draw valid conclusions to prioritize work in a multi-tasked environment.
• Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills.
• Manufacturing / Office environment.
• Ability to lift and/or move 20 pounds with or without accommodation.
• May be some planned travel
· Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive benefits package, paid holidays and vacation, room for growth, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
· Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary expectations to for immediate consideration.
· Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions
- Job Reference: 173891374-2
- Date Posted: 13 September 2020
- Recruiter: TxMQ, Inc.
- Location: Rochester, New York
- Salary: On Application
- Job Type: Permanent