The Quality Engineer / Manager is the company's liaison with the Authorized Inspection Agency and the Authorized Inspector.
Monitor weld procedures for ASME code requirements, to verify compliance with company, customer, and code specifications. Assist in achieving and maintaining ASME certification.
Responsible for the preparation, revision, approval, and issuance of the Quality Control Manual and the administration and implementation of the Quality Control System in the shop and field. The Quality Manager is assigned the responsibility, the authority, and the organizational freedom to identify Quality Control problems, stop work if necessary, initiate, recommend, and provide solutions.
Also, but not limited to -
- Supervision and control of welder qualification testing.
- Maintain a record containing objective evidence of the qualifications, training, or experience of Welders or Welding Operators.
- Maintenance of the Welder Continuity Log.
- Qualification and certification of in-house NDE examiners.
- Marking and maintaining calibration equipment.
- Records Retention of -
- Manufacturer's Partial Data Reports
- Manufacturing drawings
- design calculations, including any applicable Proof Test Reports
- Material Test Reports and/or material certifications
- Pressure parts documentation and certifications
- Welding Procedure Specifications and Procedure Qualification Records
- Welder/Welding Operator Performance Qualification Records for each welder who welded on the vessel
- NDE interpretation reports
- repair procedure and records
- process control sheets
- heat treatment records and test results
- postweld heat treatment records
- nonconformances and dispositions
- pressure test records
- transfer forms
- Education - B.S. ME preferred
- 5+ years experience as quality manager in equipment manufacturing, specifically with ASME Pressure Vessels
- Read and interpret machine, fabrication and heat exchanger/pressure vessel drawings
- Familiar with industry and government standards
- Knowledge of welding processes and NDE methods
- AutoCad /Solidworks experience
- Design calculation knowledge