Actual Job Title: Property AdministratorJob Requirements:
Responsibilities: Tenant Management:
1. Initiate tenant service requests to be addressed by Building Operations and follow up to make sure that issues are resolved effectively and on a timely basis. Communicate with Building Operations staff on outstanding requests, and provide feedback to the Operations Manager or Property Manager on any issues that might delay completion.
2. Coordinate all charity, tenant appreciation and mall/property events. Contribute ideas and suggestions for various marketing plans, promotion events, etc. for the specific property.
3. Establish and maintain professional working relationship with tenants, vendors, building security, cleaners and various contractors to ensure smooth operation of the Property.
4. Assist Property Manager on tenant relations functions and monthly/quarterly reporting requirements.
5. Assist in maintaining property-specific emergency procedures and make periodic updates to the Tenant Handbook.
6. Act on behalf of the Property Manager in his/her absence and advise on actions taken.
1. Maintain tenant accounts to ensure that they are properly set up, charges processed, credits applied, and collection of outstanding arrears are managed on a timely basis.
2. Assist the Property Manager in monitoring cost control projects monthly to ensure their accuracy and that the appropriate approvals are in place. Set up Lease Amortization Charges and prepare required reconciliations.
3. Prepare monthly tenant gross sales reports and annual reconciliation of Percentage Rent payable by tenants as specified in leases. Ensure that this information, which is used to monitor the success or difficulty of various retailers and local markets, is accurately maintained. Prepare invoices to tenants for amounts payable in a timely fashion.
4. Prepare monthly variance analysis of Gross Retail Sales Report with commentary on significant variances (15%) from previous year for the Property Manager and the senior management team.
5. Prepare all relevant tenant letters and documentation for year-end tenant recoveries. Accurately input normalized budget information provided by the Property Manager and ensure that approved changes are appropriately reflected on the Real Estate system.
6. Monitor the Purchase Order system and the Real Estate Administration system and effectively resolve any issues with Real Estate Accounting & Administration.
Process invoices for payment by Head Office and respond to requests from Real Estate Accounting & Administration.
7. Assist the Property Manager with the annual budget planning and processing.
8. Prepare monthly parking revenue reports for the property.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
Post-secondary education required. University or College degree preferred or working towards a degree; enrollment in financial courses desirable
2 to 3 years experience in a commercial property, preferably in operations or tenant management; interest in a Real Estate career path
Actively pursuing a Property Management Designation such as Real Property Administrator (RPA) or Certified Property Manager (CPM) preferable
Working knowledge of MS Office applications required. Knowledge of Real Estate budgeting software such as REALM, Yardi and CTI an advantage
Good interpersonal, communication and team skills
Aptitude for servicing tenants with the ability to see both the customers perspective and the impact on the organization
Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet changing demands and expectations of clients
1. Cope with a high degree of change. Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and juggle multiple priorities.
2. Influence and negotiate with others to meet deadlines. Deal with difficult and stressful situations in a professional manner.