Salary Exempt (United States of America)
Altium Packaging, Our Culture Differentiates Us!
We are an essential business and still hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic!
We incorporate our Guiding Principles into all aspects and at all levels of the organization and use them as a framework for decision-making. We believe our Guiding Principles foster a culture of excellence that benefits both employees and customers.
Our Guiding Principles
- Act with Integrity & in Compliance
- Drive Value Creation
- Be Disciplined Entrepreneurs
- Focus on the Customer
- Act with Humility
- Treat others with Dignity and Respect
- Seeking Fulfillment in your Work
The Production Shift Supervisor (Second Shift) will provide direction and support to employees within one or more assigned departments or areas. They also operate to blow mold machines and other machines and follow our company's Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Coach and develop direct reports, fostering an environment that communicates personal value and enables employees to act upon their own development.
- Act as a Change Agent, using appropriate modes of communication and overseeing change management, such as learning new skills, changes in customer or business needs, or shift changes and overtime.
- Use assertiveness to address challenges as they arise.
- Act as a disciplined entrepreneur to make decisions according to effects on financial plans, including labor, energy, and material usage.
- Provide respectful and effective feedback to employees on job expectations, performance, disciplinary actions and other personnel-related events.
- Act as an employee and company advocate, using professionalism to manage culture and personnel issues.
- Use consistency and integrity in dealings with all employees, policy compliance, company relationships, and company data and performance.
- Ensure direct reports receive the training and resources they need to succeed.
- Educate direct reports on OSHA and safety requirements.
- Drive retention by fostering morale and employee engagement.
- Lead and drive safety culture and improvements to achieve a zero incident environment.
- Ensure product is in compliance with customer requirements, internal quality specifications, FDA, HACCP and GMP.
- Focus on the customer by ensuring orders are filled and customer needs are met.
- Maintain process controls, standardized work, control plans and process documentation.
- Prepare technical and management system reports.
- Lead improvement initiatives to increase through-put, reduce downtime, and reduce waste.
- Drive value creation by improving current systems and procedures, and lead continuous improvement activities.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- One to three years of supervisory experience in one or more of the above job groups.
- Blow mold experience.
We Believe in Rewarding our Most Important Resource - Our People!
We show our commitment to Total Rewards by providing a competitive, comprehensive benefits package. In addition to medical, dental and vision plans, company holidays and vacation days, tuition reimbursement, learning and training opportunities, bonus potential, and a 401(k) plan with company contributions, Altium Packaging locations offer rewards and recognition programs and opportunities to make a difference in the community.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Take your career to the next level at Altium Packaging!