Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Commerce/Business
Travel Percentage :
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Product Owner within the Access to Card Payments team, you will be an internal and external champion driving the creation, management and development of products that provide top and bottom line benefits to many of the largest eCommerce merchants in the world. .
Our vision is to provide the most relevant, reliable and straight-forward global payments experience, helping customers access more consumers, driving profitable growth. You will be central to this vision.
Product Owner (PO) is a member of the Agile team who serves as the c ustomer proxy responsible for working with Product Managers and other stakeholders, including other Product Owners, to define and prioritise user stories in their team's backlog. The PO has a significant role in quality control and is responsible for accepting stories as done while ensuring conceptual and technical integrity of the Features are maintained
- Provide the internal voice of the customer for the team and work with Product Managers, Customers (as well asother Product Owners) to constantly understand and communicate their needs and participatein the validation of the delivered Features
- PO is heavily involved with Product Management in program backlogrefinement and prep for PI planning
- Deliver (individually and across sub team) high-quality and timely functional and non-functional business requirements
- Interpret external requirements into user stories and detail that can be well understood by the development team
- By partnering with System Architect/Engineering and other stakeholders, the PO has the primary responsibility for building, editing, and maintaining the team backlog.
- Reviews and reprioritizes the backlog as part of the prep work for Iteration Planning, including coordination of dependencies with other Product Owners.
- Collaborate with their team to elaborate details of user stories with acceptance criteria and acceptance tests.
- Validation that user stories meet acceptance criteria and have the appropriate, persistent acceptance tests. The PO also assures a level of quality, focusing primarily on fitness for use.
- Collaborate with System Architect/Engineering to assist with decision-making and sequencing of the critical non-functional requirements (NFRs) as well as technical debt user stories.
- Serve an essential role in the team demo, reviewing and accepting stories. Additionally, POs participate in the Iteration Retrospective, where the teams gather to improve their processes and are active in the Agile Release Train's (ART's)Inspect and Adapt (I&A) workshop.
- Coordinates dependencies with other Product Owners through participation in the weekly PO Sync meetings
- Coach Agile team inLean-Agile practices and mindsets
- Collaborating with the Agile team on a day to day basis (work assignment, tracking, tailored support)
Serves as the central resource with design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing as the product(s) move to production and distribution. Involvement lasts throughout all stages of a product's lifecycle including modifications, upgrades and maintenance of the product or product line.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Career level role. Experienced, fully qualified professional with a full understanding of their area of expertise. Works independently on problems of diverse scope.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.