Hourly Rate: $27.74/hour
We offer a package of benefits that goes beyond competitive after 90 days of employment!
Relocation Allowance Available!
Location: Clewiston, FL - Midway between West Palm Beach (east) and Fort Myers (west). A town where you are truly able to enjoy the outdoor activities: fishing, hunting, biking, hiking.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this is a day shift position with periodic overtime and recall requirements, including nights, weekends, and holidays, working independently or in a team, safely and efficiently maintain process and packaging related equipment to ensure high output.
- Abide by all Company policies outlined in the Employee Handbook and comply with all Company, Local, State and Federal regulations relating to Health, Safety, Operations, etc.
- Successfully participate in and complete all training sessions, safety classes, pre-shift meetings, and/or certifications related to the position.
- Using a computerized work order system, plan, schedule, and conduct regular preventative maintenance inspections of all equipment and work areas to identify hazards, clean equipment, and repair and maintain operational condition of facilities and equipment.
- Read blueprints and layout work, use oxygen/acetylene torch and other mechanic tools, consult operating and maintenance manuals, use and read various precision measuring instruments such as tape measures, dial indicators, calipers, and micrometers.
- Utilize arc, oxygen/acetylene, MIG, TIG and plasma methods to safely perform welding and cutting functions in the fabrication and/or repair of all types of metal, steel structures, pressurized vessels and pressurized piping.
- Maintain all related safety equipment and tools of the trade and practice exceptional housekeeping.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish a variety of complicated tasks with minimal supervision. Must have knowledge of liquid process and transfer equipment, including, but not limited to, the maintenance, inspection, and troubleshooting of pumps, motors, conveyors, hydraulic systems, centrifugals, gear boxes, pipe fittings and valves, agitators, and auxiliary equipment.
- Ability to pass pulmonary function test.
- Capable of working with overhead crane and various lifting devices including proper rigging procedures.
- Operate inside enclosed/confined spaces, or from raised platforms or heights utilizing lifting devices or proper rigging procedures, in accordance with OSHA requirements.
- Ability to operate automated equipment using touch screen controls.
- Ability to learn and implement Current Good Manufacturing Practices: CGMP.
- Must have positive results from Company-designated tests designed to measure basic skills, job skills, mechanical aptitude and/or other interests, skills and characteristics.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and have a good work record and disciplinary history.
- Applicant must be able to read, write and speak the English language in order to comprehend instructions on the job, over the radio, and in the classroom, and to ensure personal and co-worker safety on the work site.
- New hires must pass a drug test and other pre-employment background screening, and successfully complete any required training or orientation course.
- Must have 3 years experience in maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing industrial equipment, and/or maintaining moving/rotating equipment, such as pumps, gearboxes, conveyors and auxiliary equipment, including the thorough use of welding principles and methods, or completion of an applicable certification program.
- Must have a 6G welding certificate and successfully complete a welding job sample prior to hire.
- Demonstrate operational proficiency in computers and software to conduct accurate data entry.
- Must be able to perform necessary mathematical calculations pertaining to the job.
- Must possess basic computer skills and an aptitude for working with and interpreting graphics related to process equipment.
- Demonstrate the physical ability to perform the essential functions of the job. Applicant must be in good health and physically able to perform all phases of the work.
- Must have basic rigging skills such as the correct use of slings and chain-falls.
- Must possess personal hand tools and welding equipment in order to successfully conduct basic tasks.
- Obtain forklift certification within 30 days of employment.
80% of the work environment is conducted in a closed environment with limited ventilation, exposed to heights, dust, and loud noise, while wearing PPE (i.e.: hard hat, goggles, hair net, ear plugs, and/or full body chemical resistant suites); regularly climbing stairs, kneeling, crawling, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching overhead, and walking on uneven ground containing trip hazards.
20% of the work environment requires routinely lifting, loading, pushing and pulling of up to 55 lbs. unassisted, regular exposure to caustic chemicals, and pressurized steam, routinely using heavy equipment and machinery with moving parts, and occasionally accessing enclosed/confined spaces, may be fitted for and wear a respirator.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this position. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. This description supersedes and previous or undated descriptions for this position. Management has the right to add or change the duties for this position at any time.
Keywords: Power Generating Equipment, Boilers, Generators, Turbines, Air Compressors, FMEA, TPM, RCM, Predictive Maintenance, Preventative Maintenance, A.W.S., AWS, SMAW, Mecanical, industrial, mecanic, valves, valve, valvula, Mechanical, Mechanical Maintenance, Mechanical Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Tech, plc tech, mechanical technician, PMs, PM's, PM, preventative maintenance, maintenance, motor, motors, ac/dc, technician, repair, downtime, wood products, conveyor, conveyors, presses, hydraulic, hydraulics, vibration, shaft alignment, pump alignment, laser alignment, troubleshoot, repair, troubleshooting, pump, pumps, flaker, flakers, pneumatic, pneumatics, alignment, balance, bearing, bearings, gearbox, gearboxes, maintenance technician, maintenance mechanic, industrial maintenance, millwright, industrial maintenance mechanic