Participant Information Analyst
The ideal candidate is curious and a quick learner; they have a knack for learning new systems and can apply and leverage those resources as new situations and research needs arise. The role requires attention to detail and adherence to established procedures.
Given the requirements of the position and daily interactions with internal and external parties who are at various levels within the organization, the ideal candidate has strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate information both verbally and written, in a clear, concise manner. Candidates must also have demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work effectively with others.Knowledge / Education:
Skills and Attributes:
- (Required) Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook, and Web-based software.
- (Desired) Understanding of the restructured electric utility markets
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or other fields and degrees that would lend themselves to being generally proficient at administrative tasks.
- (Required) Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate information both verbally and written, in a clear, concise manner
- (Required) Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work effectively with others
Major Accountabilities and Supporting Actions of the Participant Information Analyst (exact day-today focus will be based on the priorities of the groups; these general requirements should be taken as broadly representative of the function to help identify a fit):
- Create a more automated approach for development of the Proposed Plan Applications (PPA) materials (consent agenda and approval letters). This task will require the Candidate to develop a mail merge system for now that will allow the involved departments (Planning and Participant Relations and Services) to develop the PPA materials for distribution and posting.
- The consent agenda is comprised of Level 0 and 1 Proposed Plan Applications that are finalized close-intime to the posting of that material. The Reliability Committee expects up to 150+ monthly, level-0 and level-1 PPAs to be: detailed in the agendas, individually uploaded in the committee materials, and to have individual approval letters created - all within short timeframes. The applications include numerous details that must be accurately transferred to both the consent agenda and the approval letters such as: the PPA identifier, applicant, transmission company, MW amount, fuel type, whether there is a battery included and the MWh quantity associated with the battery, the location of the project, the substation and feeder associated with the project and in-service date.
- 2. Support Committee Secretaries
- As needed, support Committee Secretaries by helping to draft internal meeting notes, Actions letters, highlights reports, draft meeting minutes, two-month look-aheads, meeting agendas, and/or motions during times of heavy committee workloads or staffing constraints.
- 3. Perform Content Management System committee material review and clean-up
- Ensuring that committee materials are properly tagged to the committee and the material sub-type; this task requires learning our web content management system and discerning which tags should be associated with certain materials so that all the appropriate tags are selected which in turn, ensures that participants (and internal folks) can find the material when searching either by committee, meeting date, or material type.
- 4. Support the Participant Support and Solutions Group
- Backfill the Information and Support Analysts by supporting administrative functions within the group. These might include, for example, contacting a predetermined list of participants and asking them the review their user rosters in our Customer and Asset Management System. Other data quality outreaches such as cleaning up dated email lists that are bouncing back could be supported by the temp.
- 5. Assist new membership applicants, maintain membership files and participant data in the Customer & Asset Management System (CAMS)
- Assist applicants using an established membership process, respond to applicant, and our client personnel inquiries, attend monthly subcommittee meetings, notify internal departments and of applicant status and activities as needed, and send reminders and deadline notifications to applicants on a monthly basis.
- Create pending hard-copy files; maintain active and terminated customer hard-copy files.
- Update Provisional customer list and provide provisional member status change reports. Maintain SharePoint document repository. Archive customer records as required.
- Provide customer documents upon request to legal, customers, and our client Personnel.
- Initialize new applicants, process monthly activations and terminations, and maintain customer data on an as needed basis in CAMS using various checklists and procedures.
- Grant application access and process restricted access requests (e.g. CROW, EES, FCTS, eFTR, Wind Performance, NX912D). Create nonparticipant customers as needed (FCM, GIS).