Title: Sr. Paralegal or Jr. Attorney (Matrimonial Law)
Location: New York, NY
Summary: Our client is looking to hire 1-2 support staff to assist with a large ongoing matrimonial case. Ideally, we would hire a paralegal and junior attorney to work part time, roughly 10-20 hours per week. The work would mainly support senior-level attorneys and outside counsel/advisors with the preparation of pleadings, motions, and stipulations. You will also liaise with various parties including client, courts, and other attorneys.
Viable candidates should have matrimonial law experience including familiarity with relevant letters, pleadings, and discovery documentation. This role would be purely remote for now so candidates should have experience with video conferencing and IT generally. This is a contract opportunity on a rolling basis.
• 2-4 years' experience as an attorney or paralegal in the matrimonial space.
• If attorney, must be barred in the State of New York in good standing.
• Strong and recent knowledge of New York matrimonial laws.
• Available to interview and start immediately.
• Excellent attention to detail and editing/proofreading skills.