Nesco Resource is hiring for a client in the Owego NY area. This position is for a palletizer position on 1st shift 7:00am-7:00pm or 2nd shift 7:00pm-7:00am on a rotating scheduling. Duties And Responsibilities:
- Reporting directly to the Production Supervisor, the palletizer operator responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Understand and follow verbal instructions to completion of assigned tasks.
- Responsibility of maintaining the palletizer operation of thepackage process with a focus on optimizing Safety, Quality, Productivity and Spoilage.
- Responsible for the operations of one or more automated machines or equipment for the production of product.
- Ability to safely operate, identify basic mechanical problems, and the maintaining of process equipment.
- Communicates all pertinent information between management, co-workers, and between shifts on changes to equipment, production problems or any other related information.
- Assists and trains and/or coaching of all new palletizer operators as needed or required. Applies skills, methods to improve plant production.
- Responsible in following JHA's, SOP's, Rules, 6S Housekeeping, maintaining equipment and modifications of existing production standards to achieve optimal efficiencies
- Enter information into a computer to generate labels for the pallets.
- Accurate and continuous quality checks and record keeping required.
- Complete and/or administer necessary documentation such as monthly SAFE cards, accident/near miss/hazard reporting, and data process control input.
- Performs other job-related duties as required or assigned.
Job Requirements Qualifications:
In addition to the specific responsibilities listed above, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- High School Education/GED
- 2-3 year(s) experience in inspecting/packaging and high speed manufacturing environment.
- Must be available towork various shifts if needed and be able to work nights, weekends, and overtimeto cover absences or provide additional support.
- Knowledge of all OSHA related training in a manufacturing environment.
- Beverage Packaging industry experience
- Knowledge of AS400
- 6S Training
- Problem solving skills through an individual and/or collaborative approach
- Ability to work independently or with a team.
- With consensus be able to look at new solutions and 'think outside the box.
- Effective leadership skills such as conflict resolution, communication, decision making, etc.
- Demonstrated good relations skills and the ability to motivate or team with people.
- Excellent time management skills and multi-tasking.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills and working knowledge of variousMicrosoft programs (Excel, Word, Access, etc.).
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and may be required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Generally works in a packaging/warehouse or plant environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be exposed to light lifting, warehouse forklift traffic.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
- Production noise level is frequently loud.
- *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.