Marketing Statement Coler is an 815 bed, leading nursing facility dedicated to providing quality medical, sub-acute, rehabilitative and long-term specialty services. We are committed to serving New York City, providing services to individuals requiring geriatric, memory care and rehabilitation services.
1. Licensed and currently registered to practice as a Professional Nurse in New York State; and,
2. A Master's Degree in Nursing Administration or an equivalent field from an accredited college or university, and a minimum of four years of high-level responsible experience in nursing administration, three years of which shall have been in a hospital; or,
3. A satisfactory equivalent combination of education, experience and training. However, all candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice as a Professional Nurse in New York State.Job Requirements:
Job Description Position Overview:
PAC Director of Education and Development is responsible for the planning, organizing, developing, implementing, facilitating and evaluating all PAC educational programs throughout PAC in accordance with the Company's policies and procedures, current applicable federal, state, local standards, guidelines and regulations to assure the highest degree of quality of care can be maintained at all times. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Understand and applies OBRA Regulations. Understands and applies principles of adult learning. Works in collaboration with all facility educators closely and oversee orientation and education program of each facility to ensure mandatory and regulatory education requirements are met within each PAC facility. Conducts competencies in areas of nursing practice with attention to management of the medically complex patient. Regularly conduct education needs assessment for PAC facilities to assist in identifying areas for improvement. Assume the authority, responsibility, and accountability of directing the in-service educational programs as required or directed for compliance with Federal, OSHA, State and corporate policy.
Ensure integrity of education programs offered within PAC facilities by:
- Preparation, scheduling and selection of instructional material, equipment and training aides,
- Oversee all facilities in-services training programs according to the need of each facility
- Ensures that required serviceable equipment and knowledgeable operators are available to present special in-service material as directed.
- Conducts regular scheduled meeting and education to all facility educators and establish te a PAC educational counsel
- Assess and recommend to the administrators the equipment and supply needs of educational department.
- Assess the learning needs of PAC staff through direct observation, formal learning assessment and indirectly through review of quality improvement and or program evaluation
- Work with the PAC nursing leadership team to implement recommended changes and corporate initiatives.
- Work with facility educators training related to electronic software programs, required certifications and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
- Maintains attendance and documentation of PAC in-services in accordance with regulatory guidelines and corporate policies.
- Identify new opportunities for educational growth of the department at each facility and at PAC level.