NP Test Engineer is needed for a permanent positon with our client in Gloucester, MA.
What You Will Be Doing:
The NPI Test Engineer supports New Product Introduction and product transfer through test development and deployment. The successful candidate will document existing test, work with engineering in developing and testing jigs and test fixtures, and will run tests, monitor yields and performance. It will be a key position to support product transfer to facilities in North America and in Asia.
- Define test requirements, processes and procedures during product development to ensure the development and implementation of cost-effective production testing of RF Power products.
- Design and develop test processes and equipment in support of New Product Introduction, Existing Product transfer and production testing. Includes: test strategy development, development of manufacturing test requirements, development of test plans, hardware and software design (both automated and manual testing), assembly, debug, validation and release of test equipment.
- Test equipment and test process support, on an as required basis to ensure the needs of RF Power production operations are attained.
- Participate in the commissioning, ring out, debug of ATE equipment.
- Be first line of contact during product ramps in North America and Asia.
- May provide work direction to technicians or other production test/assembly personnel.
- Track problems, resolutions, and bug fixes throughout testing and create a comprehensive database of defects and successful mitigation techniques.
- Create detailed, step-by-step documentation of test procedures for each phase or project as needed to ensure replicability, compliance with standards, and growth of company knowledge base.
- Provide frequent feedback, including recommendations for improvements, evaluation of problems, potential solutions, and discussion of further test requirements.
- Design and implement automated testing tools when possible, and update tools as needed to ensure currency and accuracy.
- Other duties and responsibilities when required.
What You Must Bring To The Table:
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience developing and deploying production test and an electro-mechanical assembly environment including ICT, Functional Test and Reliability Test (HALT, HASS).
- Working knowledge of test software (Visual Basic, Labview).
- Experience with the test, troubleshooting and training with Industrial Equipment (RF experience a plus).
- Project management experience demonstrating the ability to meet schedule and budget targets.
- Must be able to travel (North America, Vietnam & China). Estimated travel 30% of the time, mostly during transfer and ramp.
- Direct experience in the development of production test fixtures.
- Proficient in most common PC based applications (Word, Excel, etc.).
Benefits: Appropriate to region.
In addition to competitive salary, we offersa comprehensive benefits package, which includes 100% company sponsored employee health insurance coverage, and a 401K plan. Non-financial benefits include a friendly work environment.
Opportunity is Calling, Apply Now!
Recruiter: Patty Vogel
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here !
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Click here to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process