Responsible for originating residential mortgage loans and adhering to the requirements of federal registration under the SAFE Act Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Receive referrals from realtors, builders, branches and/or developers who have pre-established relationships with M&T. Follow up on potential customers via telephone, fax, and email.
- Sell inbound customers to use M&T Mortgage for mortgage financing. Answering initial questions and providing explanation of M&T products. Pre-qualifying customers.
- Originates mortgages and coordinates settlements.
- Begins mortgage application process in person or over the phone and sends packages to customer for completion. Enters completed applications into the system.
- Obtains and analyzes pertinent financial and credit data necessary for determining if loan is an acceptable risk.
- Collects closing conditions, orders appraisals, coordinates draw schedules, and schedules closings.
- Negotiates terms and conditions of loan with mortgagor.
- Provides timely and complete feedback to sources regarding the disposition of their leads.
- Keeps informed of changing rules and regulations.
Works under general supervision.
External contacts may include customers, builders, manufacturers, and realtors.
Responsibility to establish and maintain federal registration requirements outlined in the SAFE Act. Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years mortgage origination and/or customer service experience,
OR in lieu of a degree,
A combined minimum of 7 years higher education and/or work experience including a minimum of 3 years mortgage originator and/or customer service experience. Education and Experience Preferred:
General PC knowledge and departmental software
Ability to interact with all levels in a professional manner
Customer Service Skills
Knowledge of products and government regulationsLocation
Cheektowaga, New York, United States of America