The Mortgage Originations Automation Lead will be responsible for identifying opportunities, designing solutions and acting as the lead on delivering key business objectives. As part of a larger technology team, this role will be required to assess the current automation capacity as well as develop a roadmap for the automation of complex business tasks. The three key areas of focus for the role are ideation, discovery and delivery.
- Create and maintain the automation strategy and roadmap for the Mortgage Originations division.
- Identify opportunities for automation by assessing the scope of opportunity (to include, studies for time/$ savings) and conducting feasibility analysis to determine the best tools and approaches to achieve the businesses goals.
- Evaluate existing vendor roadmaps and make recommendations on next best options to achieve divisional goals.
- Review each completed automation project to ensure that stated ROI of project goals were met.
- Determine how other peer institutions are leveraging tools their automation strategies.
- Act as SME and primary technologist in cross-functional agile teams to implement automation projects.
- Follow agile methodology when working with both internal project team and external vendors.
- Work with project management team to develop implementation timelines and identify key milestones
- Review existing automation production processes to evaluate their success and make recommendations based upon results.
- Keep abreast of automation trends in the originations industry and provide feedback to group on emerging vendors/capabilities.
- Develop a matrix showing the capabilities, benefits/limitations and cost basis of each tool currently available for production deployments.
- Work with Enterprise technology to understand capabilities of additional automation opportunities available across the Enterprise.
- Participate in meetings with lines of business to identify their automation opportunities and provide feedback to clients regarding business requirements to ensure technology applications support internal/external customer needs and products/services as provided by lines of business. Review business requirements with technology team to ensure understanding of project requirements.
- Coordinate and provide estimates for complex projects and complete estimates for assigned component for projects, inclusive of timelines and project phases.
- Serve as subject matter expert to consult and advise on automation capabilities within the business.
- May serve as Test Coordinator for large project initiatives involving multiple applications
- Participate in and document data mapping for integration of systems, conversion and acquisition-related projects to understand how applications may need to change or be impacted by enterprise-wide initiatives, like regulatory requirements, other system enhancements or business initiatives.
- Work with other testing teams, when applicable, to prepare test plans and scripts based on functional specifications, as well as to manage and/or execute test scripts verifying that changes and enhancements work and perform as required. Serve as functional lead with other project team members on other systems that impact the project
- Monitor functional specifications and change requests to ensure project stays within scope and meets regulatory requirements, while ensuring adherence to business requirements and Corporate Technology standards. Ensure the Bank process and documentation is followed to ensure adherence to Corporate Technology standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure change requests are consistently documented, reviewed and resolved to ensure application is working to support products and services required by line of business.
- Ensure efficient and timely resolution of issues arising from testing or implementation to ensure expected performance. Ensure issues, incidences and questions are documented, reported as resolved as required.
- Coordinate and manage post-implementation by getting feedback, resolving any issues and completing a debrief including actual to plan for timeline and financials.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
Minimum of 5 years' experience in the Mortgage Industry
Experience in process design and optimization.
Experience with projects incorporating RPA, OCR, Artificial Intelligence, BPM and other automated solutions.
Combined minimum of 8 years' combined higher education and/or operational/business analytics/systems development experience
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent organizational skills
Excellent time management skills
Excellent lateral thinking skills
Excellent problem-solving skills
Prior experience multitasking for various components of complex projects.
Prior experience coordinating between applications and business units.
Prior experience working in a team environment as well as autonomously.
Education and Experience Preferred:
Subject matter expert in Mortgage Originations Business process optimization with knowledge or experience implementing automation solutions.
Ability to both recommend and implement solutions.
Proven mentoring and leadership capabilities
Ability to recognize project milestones and delivery dates. Location
Cheektowaga, New York, United States of America