The Finishing Engineer is responsible for providing the expertise and oversight necessary to support optimized throughput of existing products, process and technology development, as well as supporting other professionals on projects as a plating and coating process development subject matter expert.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure quality & process control of plating operations
- Develop and optimized production plating and coating methods, chemistries and technologies
- Qualify plating and coating processes to improve productivity, quality and cost
- Pursue continuous improvement within finishing area by evaluating new and current plating and coating processes to improve productivity, quality and cost
- Conduct investigations to determine root cause of failures/non-conformances and propose recommendations to resolve issues
- Evaluate all environmental concerns related to finishing processes, as well as, all incidents which present a hazard to people, production or the environment
- Perform or oversee plating bath and lab maintenance
- Design/oversee any installation of new plating lines
- Justify capital expenditures
- Schedule repairs and maintenance
- Document processes and methods
- Maintain related state and federal compliance for safety and environmental
Education and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering strongly preferred. Minimum of a 2-yr degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering or the equivalent of 8 years' experience as a plating professional in metal finishing.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements for Hazardous Waste Operations
- Understand the design and development of metal components and assemblies
- Experience in project planning and scheduling for timely completion and team management to ensure tasks are owned by responsible functions and commitments are obtained
- Must be able to work in a fast paced industrial environment.
- Knowledge of powder coat, auto titrators and/or metallurgy a plus.
Applicants may apply directly at the link below.