Summary of Role:
Globalfoundries FAB10 in East Fishkill, NY is looking for an experienced Medium Voltage Electrical Technician within the Facilities Organization to reliably and efficiently operate, and maintain, all switchgear, load centers, starters, their associated subsystems supporting a semiconductor manufacturing facility and all other buildings within the campus. These systems include, 13.2kV Distribution Switchgear, 4160V & 2480V Substations and Motor Starters, 480V & 208V Load Centers, Emergency Generators, Motor Starters, and all associated Distribution, Breakers, Transformers, Relaying, and Trip Devices. The successful candidate must be a motivated self-starter who is able to work in a team environment with a primary focus on customer satisfaction. Strong communication skills and schedule flexibility are important as some weekend coverage may be required. The Work Schedule is for a 1st shift position (M-F) with overtime as needed, and emergency call in's as necessary.
Essential Responsibilities :
• Proper use in Personal/Personnel, and Equipment Safety Procedures and Practices are Paramount.
• Ability to Write and Execute Switching Orders on all Medium Voltage Distribution and Equipment.
• Secure, properly "Buzz & Ground", Diagnose and Test, perform Preventative Maintenance, and Re-energize Medium Voltage Equipment and Distribution.
• Breaker and Trip Unit Testing and Calibration.
• Perform equipment PM's and maintenance tasks as assigned with minimal supervision.
• Interface with Engineering on all System/Equipment concerns and problems.
Required Qualifications :
• Technical/Associates Degree in Science, Engineering, a Related Discipline, or Equivalent Experience.
• Experience - 8 years of relevant experience in 3 Phase Power and Medium Voltage Equipment.
• Experience in the use of Multimeters, Meggers, Hi-Potting, Ductor Meters, TTRs (Transformer Turns Ratio) Meters, Breaker Testers, etc.
• Able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift (preventive maintenance) and/or process issues ability to perform work in a standing position for majority of a 8 hour shift (excluding breaks)
• Knowledge in VFDs, and Controls
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.