Exciting new Technical Manager- Mechanical Engineering Direct-Hire opportunity to join aglobal leader in the design and manufacture of advanced automation assembly equipment space! Exceptional PTO, benefits, annual bonus, relocation fee provided and competitive pay!
Apply Today! Summary
The Technical Manager is responsible for organizing and providing technical leadership (engineering expertise) to a small group of engineers and designers. The Technical Manager will spend 70-80 percent of their time acting as an engineer within their discipline. The remainder of the time will be spent as the manager of the team.Principal Accountabilities (Functional)
Principal Accountabilities (General Supervisory)
- Provides technical guidance and direction for assigned individuals.
- Monitors adherence to Product Development Process within his/her group.
- Plans, assigns, and monitors project Client commitments.
- Accountable for maintaining departmental Engineering standards.
- Provides input to Department Manager on strategic direction for Engineering design and development.
- Coordinates development activity between the multiple Engineering groups within their own discipline and the remainder of Engineering.
- Provides primary input for performance appraisals, salary reviews, and performance bonus distribution for group members.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable State and Federal laws, including interviewing, hiring, training employees, planning, assigning and directing work and appraising performance.
- Interprets company policies to employees and enforces all safety regulations.
- Assures efficient and economical utilization of materials, improvement of methods, and elimination of wasteful practices within the department; may include budget development and control.
- Develops workforce planning and utilization programs to satisfy actual and projected requirements. Includes the scheduling of overtime and cost/effective use of temporary services.
- Implements cross-training activities and plans for employees under his/her direction with specific attention toward the development of a highly flexible work force.
- Establishes and implements team/individual Critical Success Factors, including the measurement and documentation of the progress of each employee toward the established goals.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists employees in solving work-related problems.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Responsibility for Quality Procedures or Direct Product Quality
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum 8+ years' experience in Engineering Design and Development.
- Prior experience managing ateam of Engineers
- Minimum Two years of Team Leadership experience
- Adheres to Universal Quality System policies and procedures and uses Total Cycle Time principles and standard problem solving tools to continuously improve work processes.
- Requires the ability to use a computer on a frequent basis.
- Position requires the ability to understand and interpret detailed documents and drawings.
- Requires the ability to communicate clearly in giving presentations.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with fellow workers.
- The ability to travel to customer sites or technical conferences may occasionally be required.
Apply Today! Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.