BUSINESS: Aerospace & Defense
LOCATION: Warren, MA
DIRECT REPORTING: Sr Manufacturing Engineer Manager
FUNCTIONAL REPORTING: Operations
This position will serve as the liaison between Manufacturing Engineering and other functional groups including manufacturing, design engineering, quality, and customer service. Candidate will be responsible for creating the methods and sequence of manufacturing operations for intricate and/or complex machined parts and assemblies that meet design and quality requirements. Work with cell management, tool design, and CNC programming. Provide manufacturability input and manufacturing plans for product design or modification. Work on continuous improvement projects that support the Lean Manufacturing methodology such as set-up reduction and Kaizen events.
- Move parts from older less efficient and worn out equipment onto newer equipment to free up capacity.
- Create processes and design fixtures for repeatability and predictability in manufacturing quality parts.
- Identify new equipment/processes to reduce cost in our low volume high mix facility.
- Update MRP system to reflect lead times, routing, and other manufacturing support information.
- Develop Standard Work documentation for Machine and Assembly operations.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities