• Oversees, manages, and develops teams of transmission planners focused on the pursuit of transmission business development opportunities.
• Acts as the primary liaison between the Transmission Networks Planning (TNP) and Networks Business Development (NBD) groups in accordance with appropriate standards of conduct between regulated and unregulated business activities.
• Collaborates with and advises the NBD team, as the primary customer, on technical transmission planning related issues to assist in establishing priorities and solution strategies in support of transmission business opportunities.Responsibilities
• Manage, lead, and develop technical planning team(s) in the successful pursuit of innovative transmission business development opportunities aligned with the NBD team objectives.
• Effectively communicate, influence, and motivate at all levels through clear and concise communications including verbal, written, and presentation methods.
• Develop and deliver formal presentations and comprehensive technical reports to a diverse audience.
• May serve as a witness in regulatory proceedings (e.g. project permitting, siting, etc.).
• Identify opportunities, risks, and challenges and take appropriate actions in collaboration with the NBD group.
• Act as the primary technical and planning subject matter expert in advising the NBD team.
• Apply management and leadership expertise in optimizing internal and external team resources and commitments while communicating realistic expectations to stakeholders.
• Accountable for the performance, results, and actions of the Transmission Planning Business Development group.
• Provide technical/functional expertise in transmission planning by utilizing depth/ breadth of knowledge across electric system areas.
• Develop and promote relationships through networking and collaboration with other strategic partners in support of AVANGRID Business Development interests.
• Perform and/or oversee analytic studies to ensure quality and accuracy of computations and conclusions as needed in support of business development objectives (e.g. thermal, stability, short circuit, economic, etc.).
Each employee must accept responsibility for their own safety and health as well as the safety and health of their fellow employees.
Note: The above Key Responsibilities/Duties are not intended to be all inclusive. Employees in this position may be required to perform other related aspects of the job not listed above in support of AVANGRID business needs.
#LI-DG1Skills and Requirements
Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering required. Advanced degree or specialized courses in electric power systems preferred.
• Seven years' experience in transmission planning, design, or operations.
• Demonstrated ability developing and leading technical teams to solve unique and complex transmission business problems.
• Strong working knowledge of regional reliability processes and practices including FERC, NERC, NPCC, and ISOs.
• Ability to identify business opportunities and challenges.
• Advanced critical thinking skills to guide the collaborative development of innovative solutions.Competencies
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID's employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at or Nearest Major Market:
New Haven Nearest Secondary Market:
Hartford Job Segment:
Power Systems, Energy