This position is an integral part of a friendly and dynamic team with responsibility for performing maintenance independently on apartments, cottage-style homes and common areas within the 168-unit independent living segment of our campus. You will directly report to the Maintenance Supervisor. The work week is Tuesday through Saturday, with a flexible AM start time.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform both minor and major repairs (light electrical, painting, carpentry, etc.) within The Commons in Lincoln's independent living community
- Assist the sales team by preparing apartments and homes for new resident move-ins
- Ensure that the building and grounds are orderly and in good repair
- Performs regular and preventative maintenance programs that promote a sense of well-being and aesthetic appeal for residents and staff
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Demonstrate proper use of tools, equipment and chemicals
- Interest and ability to learn new skills and techniques as needed
- Physical ability to stand and work with your hands and be on your knees for long periods of time
- Good communication skills
Think senior living sounds boring? Think again. At Benchmark, we impact lives through human connection. We are thought leaders creating quality experiences and inspiring personal growth for all who engage with us. We just happen to imagine, build and manage beautiful, private-pay communities geared toward older adults. Are you Called to Care about your work, other people and making a difference? Do you believe that people and teams are Better Together than going it alone? Are you always striving to Be the Benchmark by which all others are measured? Then our core values match. Connect with us!