- Responsible for but not limited to proper operations of all electrical, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC, laundry, kitchen, refrigeration, lighting systems, and all specialized equipment, property upkeep, and compliance with city, state and /or federal code compliance.
- Review work orders and complete work by priorities.
- Assume full responsibility for the condition of the property in the heart of the house (the infrastructure) as well as all the public areas.
- Have a thorough understanding of the Ethan Allen Hotel fire alarm procedures, emergency evacuation procedures and all safety related issues.
- Develop & maintain preventive maintenance programs for all equipment.
- Responsible for continuous update of safety manual and all training for entire company including OSHA regulations, DOT testing, Right to Know Law and Chair of safety Committee and NFPA training.
- Loss prevention and security.
- Have a thorough understanding of Ethan Allen Hotel fire alarm procedures, emergency evacuation procedures and all safety related issues.
- Maintain all required permits and licenses for facility.
Hotel Specific Essential Functions:
- Flexibility to step into whatever role is needed at the time in order to deliver exceptional customer service. This may include taking on job responsibilities outside of this job description and may require assisting other departments in their regular functions.
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays, and/or flexible hours
- Comply with hotels policy and procedures regarding attendance and attire
- Ability to use all equipment as stated below under "Technology & Equipment"
- Ability to drive hotel vehicle and is in good standings with DMV.
- Ability to stand for 8 hours length of time
- Ability to lift, grasp or carry 70 lbs.
- Ability to bend with a full range of motion.
- Pulling 2 hours
- Pushing 2 hours
- Walking 8 hours
- Kneeling 4 hours
- Repeated bending 4 hours
- Ability to walk on uneven or slippery conditions
- Ability to shovel snow; sand and salt
- Working on ladders
- Working indoors and outdoors
Ethan Allen is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. We are an E-Verify Employer.