Herkimer, NY based company is currently looking to add a Lab Technician
to its staff. The Lab Technician hasresponsibility for sample preparation and running laboratory equipment to test samples and perform analysis. The Analytical Lab Technician responsible for maintaining laboratory procedures in accordance with current operations. The Analytical Lab Technician will focus on meeting safety and quality requirements as well as continuous flow of production. Job Duties:
Job Requirements: Job Requirements:
- Performs routine laboratory procedures such as logging in samples, sample preparation, chemical reagent change, cleaning, setting up equipment, calibrating, analyzing and interpretation of results.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area in accordance with standard laboratory practice and procedures.
- Performs laboratory tests to produce reliable and precise data. Utilize scientific methods to meet ISO Standard 9100 procedures and customer's requirements.
- Ensure all data input/output is meeting quality procedures, chemistry specification, and purchase specification as necessary. Present to senior colleagues if any issues.
- Maintains lab records according to the requirements outlined in ELG Quality Procedures.
- Identify and document any problems relating to product or process.
- Keeping up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability.
- Must work the necessary hours to keep production flowing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry preferred, education in a related scientific discipline or equivalent education/experience may be considered
- Previous experience in an analytical chemistry laboratory
- Verbal and written communication skills and ability to express scientific results clearly and concisely
- Ability to effectively organize tasks, data and documentation
- Ability to multitask quickly and efficiently
- Knowledgeable of chemistry testing equipment. Preferably experience in running and maintaining such equipment. (X-Ray and ICP LA-Mass Spectrometer)
- Skilled in problem solving and diagnostic troubleshooting.
- Proficiency in the analysis and interpretation of technical and laboratory data.