A top Investment Bank located in Quincy, MA is seeking an immediate Fund Accountant to join their team.
This financial services firm has been rated one of the top places to work in Boston. This is a great opportunity to join a quickly growing team with a lot of opportunity for stability, promotion, and to work in a collaborative and challenging environment.
- Perform reconciliations on trade activities, corporate actions, and other general ledger accounting
- The team works directly with the client, client service representatives, global hubs/utility groups and Boston Operations teams to manage the overall conversion of daily fund accounting services within specified timeframes all the while, maintaining a high degree of client satisfaction.
- Calculate Net Asset Value daily for mutual fund clients
- Research and resolve discrepancies
- Perform accounting analysis on tasks for accuracy
- Utilize accounting systems including advanced MS Excel
- BS Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting
- Must have 1-3 years of financial services industry experience Mutual Fund accounting experience - Fixed Income, Securities, Intl Equity, a plus. Other backgrounds that work well could be coming from corporate actions, institutional accounting within financial services, trades teams, or derivatives.
- Strong knowledge of mutual fund accounting to include general ledger accounting (trial balances, sub ledgers, balance sheet vs. income statement).
- Proven reconciliation skills - ability to create ad-hoc reconciliations of external and internal trial balances, general ledgers, cash/assets, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Excel
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.