We are Athene. At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement needs. We see every day as a new opportunity to measure ourselves against the best - and then we don't stop until we've set the bar even higher. We're ready to help you achieve more.
The Investor Relations Director of Athene Holding Ltd. ("Athene") (NYSE: ATH) will report to the Head of Investor Relations, and help to serve as the voice of Athene, as a publicly-traded company, to investors, analysts, and other members of the financial community.
LOCATION NOTE: This role can either be located in our NYC, LA, or Stamford, CT offices.
- Partner with the Head of Investor Relations to manage all aspects of the investor relations function for Athene Holding Ltd, a leading provider of retirement savings products with a $7+ billion market capitalization.
- Actively contribute to developing, maintaining and enhancing all aspects of communication with public stock investors and the financial community, including:
- Prepare press releases covering the business activities and financial results of Athene;
- Plan and execute all external current/prospective shareholder engagement activities, including non-deal roadshows, in-house meetings, and conference appearances;
- Educate and foster relationships with 200+ current/prospective institutional shareholders as well as ~16 sell-side research teams;
- Present and explain Athene's business, including product offerings, market dynamics, financial results and major business events to the financial community;
- Formulate and strengthen Athene's strategic messages to current/prospective shareholders with effective presentation collateral;
- Help develop and maintain Athene's investor relations and related communications strategies, including positioning and intended messaging to the financial markets.
- Coordinate the quarterly earnings process from the Investor Relations perspective, including:
- Collaborate with Athene's Corporate Finance and Actuarial team and participate in the preparation of all related external communications related to Athene's financial results, such as the earnings, financial supplement, and presentation, as well as Forms 10-K and 10-Q;
- Coordinate business activity review meetings with senior management to inform the quarterly earnings process and subsequently synthesize into external messaging;
- Assist with the preparation of the company's quarterly earnings call script and Q&A documents;
- Champion enhancements to Athene's financial disclosure to increase transparency and improve market understanding of Athene's business.
- Provide ongoing analysis of peer companies - including presentations, earnings calls, financial reporting, disclosures, and websites - to evaluate competitive positioning and relative messaging on various topics.
- Review financial models prepared by sell-side research analysts and prepare relevant analyses, such as comparison to the company's internal forecasts.
- Assist with collection of information on an ongoing basis relating to stock market and investor/analyst areas of focus (e.g., financial performance, business strategy, growth opportunities) to provide to senior management and the company's Board of Directors.
- Monitor sell-side analyst reports on the company and peers.
- Ensure financial information on Athene's public website is updated and accurate.
- Assist with other special projects for senior management as needed.
- Provide day-to-day oversight of other team resources as needed, including the Investor Relations Associate, Analyst, or Interns.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting or Economics required. MBA/MS or CFA/CPA a plus.
- 6+ years of work experience, including 3-5 years of related analytical experience in investor relations, investment banking, sell-side equity research, corporate finance, or other financial communication roles.
- Will hire at appropriate level based on qualifications and years of experience (Manager - 5+ years and Director - 7+ years).
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities and research skills, including an amplified attention to detail.
- Advanced presentation building and financial modeling skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to create concise and accurate presentation of investor communications.
- Successful candidates should possess a strong sense of initiative, a high energy level, an outstanding work ethic, and the ability to work independently.
- Candidates should also be a team player, intellectually curious, and possess an ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Must be able to work with highly confidential information and maintain unequivocal discretion and business standards.
NOTE: Successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment background check.
Drive. Discipline. Confidence. Focus. Commitment. Learn more about working at Athene .
Athene is a Military Friendly Employer! Learn more about how we support our Veterans .
Athene celebrates diversity, is committed to inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.